Jan 1, 2012

And with a bang, they're off...

What better way to start the new year than with an update post? I'm sure you guys out there is blog-verse could think of a thousands ways that you would deem better....

Announce we're pregnant: Nope

Announce we're buying a house: Nope

Announce we're completely debt free: Nope, but that would be nice, right?

Announce that I have a full-time job doing something I love: I wish!

Trust us, there's a few we would love to be announcing right now, but no dice. So all you get is this lousy update post. Deal with it, okay? I have. So I guess, we'll start youngest to oldest - or would Stella be oldest in cat years? Does cat years exist the same as dog years?


:She's good. She's annoying. She's a free shredder. She's adorable. She's awesome. She's killing me waking me up so early every morning. She's just Stella, doing her Stella cat thing.


:I'm just doing my thing. Still working on my cooking skills (make sure to keep up with my cooking with my series 'How to Boil Water'). Got some baking toys for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at more baking. So I'm probably going to get really fat, right? How good of you to ask! Start looking for 'Making the Cut' again after the first of the year. I hope to pick that up again - not because I'm vain and think I need be super thin or anything but because I haven't slept well in like two months since my surgery and that was when I stopped working out. So you do the math. But exercise is not a resolution - you know I don't make those - if I did then I certainly wouldn't be able to keep up with working out after about the first day or so. Isn't that how resolutions work? You make them, they last a day, then they fall to pieces the next, and you make the same one next year. Still working at the church. But I'm only bored about 50% of the time, so mark that down as a win for me! Apparently I have low standards. I'm really quite boring otherwise. Okay, I don't want to talk about me anymore.


:Still a lumberjack and that's okay. I mean....he's good. He's busy. When is he not busy? I can happily report he still has both jobs....you'd think as his wife I would know more. Just kidding. Between Garmin, the Marines, and his Latin alien girlfriend, he barely has time for me these days. Wait, what? But seriously, he's good. He's working on this new product at Garmin. He does his Marine thing one weekend a month and two week a year - although the last few drills have been more than that. He hasn't adopted any new hobbies because he seems to be lacking the time - surprise surprise. We do manage to get his man nights in there so he can relax and play video games.


:We are spreading ourselves as thin as possible. We have plans to get our car loan paid off this year. We have plans to get a house. We have plans to save as much as possible. Money is always that massive burden hanging over your head, isn't it? (Keep an eye out for a money matters post.) We definitely  have plans but can't tell you all of them in one post. What fun would that be? Oh another note completely, we successfully made it to our six-month anniversary - was there really any doubt? Can you believe it's already been six months since the wedding? It hardly seems possible. The wedding took forever to get there once we got engaged but now the last six months have flown by! It's madness, I say, madness!

On a quick side note, I want to say thank you to all of you who read my blog. I appreciate all your support. (Including those of you who reside in a different country (126 from Russia! Who knew?!) - shout out to you guys for reading my blog!) Almost 4,000 views is amazing to me. Who knew I was so interesting? I hope you continue to read and always feel free to leave comments, concerns, questions, suggestions, or complete randomness (which would go along with some posts beautifully).


So again and a thousand more times thank you. I hope you all had a wonderful new year's and I hope for the best for all of you in 2012.

With lots to look forward to this year, the best is yet to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...