Dec 30, 2011

Year in Reivew: Top Ten Favorite Moments

The top ten of 2011 continues with my favorite moments. So I'm fairly certain you could probably guess a few of these things, but I'm guessing there's at least a few surprises on my list. Interested in what I thought were the best moments of 2011? Well, then read on my friend, read on.

TEN // My birthday weekend trip to Silver Dollar City in August. 
It was after things had began to settle down and Rob was back from AT (Annual Training) for about a month and we just needed a little weekend away. And what better occasion than my 25th birthday?! Plus, this was the SDC trip where I beat Rob fair and square at the bang bang ride (Flooded Mine for those who like the official name, and guns and boats for those of you who know Emery).


NINE // Getting my lump removed.
Sounds like a weird thing to make the top 10 list but this has been something plaguing me for the last couple of years and it was annoying. I didn't really have a doctor that would do anything about it but now I happily sing the praises of my current doctor (which should make the top list countdown because I'm happy I found a doctor I love) and all the people at College Park for helping me. And everything is good. No more lump. No more worries.



EIGHT // The last time I picked up my wedding dress and took it home.
I mean seriously what girl doesn't dream about her wedding and her dress?! Well, technically I didn't and technically I didn't even like it the first time I put it on (which was about a week before 2011). And we had problems because they ordered my dress a dress size too big so they had to send it back and when it finally came back and I tried it on, I really did feel like everything was going to turn out perfectly.


SEVEN // Completing my Reading Challenge
It seems like a weird thing to get excited about because hey I read all the time but now I can set a goal for myself and trust me right now I need goals. So who's ready to set up their Reading Challenge for 2012?

SIX // Marine Corps Birthday Ball
I had fun this year. We were both more relaxed and it was fun. He looked so handsome in his dress blues and we never danced...one dance...but hey it was a dance.


FIVE // Getting my new car.
I had the Death Trap for 8 years. 8 very very long years. Not all of them were horrible. That car went everywhere with me, but I was scared driving it at the end. I was terrified every time I got behind the wheel because I just didn't trust it. But now I have a completely awesome car that will one day be a great family car for me. And let me tell you, this remote start thing is awesome on these cold days.



FOUR // Thanksgiving.
This Thanksgiving was one of the best I've had. It was just the nine of us and we were in Mt. Vernon, but it was good. The food was delicious! And the next day we went to Silver Dollar City and it was the perfect day to be there. We had fun. It was warmer. The lights were beautiful. And playing Boggle (or Boogle to some) and Smart Ass was actually really really fun!


THREE // Shoving cake in Rob's face.
For one it was a good way to get the cake shoving out the way so we didn't do it at our actual wedding reception. But mostly it was just fun!


TWO // Our Wedding.
Is anyone really surprised here? I mean seriously, you could have seen this coming. I don't want to brag and I'm sure every woman says this about her wedding but mine was perfect. There isn't a single thing I would want to change about my wedding. It was perfect just as it was. It was beautiful. It was simple. It was elegant. It was everything that I am (which makes sense considering I planned it!), but it was exactly what I wanted.


And my number one top moment? I bet you could guess...

ONE // Our honeymoon.
Could we have picked a better location? There is no possible way Kennebunkport, Maine was the perfect place for us. I doubted leading up to the wedding and honeymoon if we had made the right choice and if we should go to the beach or a resort or something like that. But once we got to the beautiful cottage and that beautiful little town we knew right away that this was the right choice for us. It was relaxing and peaceful. We had our cottage to ourselves. The people were all so nice. I found out that I love lobster. We had the best chocolate-covered-strawberries from this little candy shop in town. It was just perfect. When I'm having a bad day I close my eyes and go there again because I couldn't have asked for anything better. I have been to a lot of places, but Kennebunkport, Maine was definitely my favorite. 



So there you go. Those are my top ten favorite moments of 2011. I look forward to 2012 and all those moments to come. I hope you continue to stick with me. See you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...