Dec 6, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree (Part Two)

Bet you wanna know the end of my Christmas tree story. It's a happy one. I can tell you that. We came to an understanding and decided to get along and that Mr. Christmas Tree was not going to ruin my Christmas spirit. We also decided he needed a little pick-me-up too, so I decided maybe something new would be in order. And that was exactly what he needed to pick himself up, dust himself off, and get back into the Christmas spirit.



 *Can you tell I spend a lot of time to myself? Mostly I talk to Stella, but lately all she wants is our friend aka Christmas tree. I see how quickly I get replaced. So lately I've been devoting my time to our friend, C.T., too just to show her what's what....See waaaaay too much time!*

There was no way in the world that I was going to buy a new tree. Although we talked about doing that after Christmas when they are all on sale. One that packs up easier. One that isn't rusted. One that wants to play nice with the lady that has to deal with it every year. But that's all still up for debate what we'll do. But for now we just went with new tinsel. It truly is amazing how some new tinsel that hasn't been wet and cold and hasn't hardened up so it's kinda weird and gross will just turn a tree around. Plus tinsel is way cheaper than a tree. And in the state we are in, we would need to buy new tinsel regardless, so it was either a new tree and tinsel or just new tinsel - for the people who are saving all their pennies for a house the choice was simple. 


So when we got home, while Rob planned a "Big Surprise" for me - which I guessed twice on accident: Well, I made a random guess at what the first thing was, so then he decided to change it so I guessed something else and I was right again so he was off trying to figure out how to surprise me without me guessing it - I started wrapping the tree with tinsel. Mr. C.T. and I struggle a little bit getting the old tinsel off because it knew its fate, but once that was out of the way, I started putting up tinsel. Now mind you this was like the fourth or fifth time I had put tinsel on this silly tree, so I was wishing for the abominable snowman (name that movie) to decorate my tree for me. Maybe I had lost the Christmas spirit. 



But it was right about that time when Rob reappeared and started to help me. And seriously sometimes all you need is a little cheer **See picture - Sorry Rob : ) So when I had the help of my Christmas elf I decided, why not go ahead and put the lights on. When you have help and don't have to walk around the Christmas tree a million times - you take advantage! 


It's not a perfectly done tree, but hey it looks better. It looks Christmasy. Christmasique. Christmas-ish. Insert whatever non-real word you want here. But you know that no Christmas tree is complete without ornaments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...