Apr 24, 2012

Week 11

Hey baby! You are the size of the lime. You're just growing up so fast. Each week, I say that you are
looking more baby-like because that's what my sources keep saying. But wouldn't you think that would be a given? Maybe that's just me. But regardless, good news baby cakes! You are looking more and more like a baby with your see-through skin. Not that I've seen a lot of see-through babies - don't worry, you're skin will not be transparent forever. It's just a phase. You are moving around gracefully - or if you are my child then clumsily. We're hoping the clumsy gene passed you by through. You are less duck-like now because your fingers and toes aren't webbed anymore. You also have tooth buds, nail follicles and nail bed forming. Oh and if you're a girl, then you're ovaries are already starting to form. I forgot to mention last week that if you're a boy your testes are already producing testosterone. Starts early with those hormones, huh? So busy all the time. All your busyness is making me tired though I must say.

So let's just start out by saying week 11 didn't start positive. I've been sick with a bit of a sore throat
and a nasty cough. I'm recovering and feeling much better. Slowly but surely. I'm still fighting morning sickness every morning, but it's still my first trimester so it's to be expected. But at least now, we've gone to an every other day thing for the most part. My appetite comes and goes. I'm definitely figured out that I need to do the six smaller meals throughout the day. It makes things a lot happier in my stomach. My pants are a little snugger, but nothing too uncomfortable. I definitely prefer my soft sweatpants but who doesn't?

So way back as we were approaching week 8, I got a call from my doctor's office. Those are never comforting calls, especially when doctors tell you all along that we will only call if there are problems. Honestly, my first thought was something showed up on my blood work. But instead she mentioned my ultrasound. You just felt your heart drop a little bit too, right? The nurse started by saying that the baby looked perfect. That's at least a comforting thought. But it looked as though I had a mild bicornuate uterus. Which basically means that the uterus is shaped like a heart. My doctor wasn't overly concerned because it was so mild, but because it was something that she noticed she wanted me to get it checked out. So I had an appointment made to see a high risk OB for more ultrasounds that would be done by the actual doctor and they could get better pictures.

Don't think I didn't look up with this would all mean for me. It doesn't necessarily mean anything bad for the baby, but it can cause a complicated pregnancy and delivering for me. It can cause preterm labor (but of course not flossing can cause preterm labor - just saying) and can cause a breech baby, so the causes of a C-section are greater. I was feeling that as long as the baby was okay, I would be fine. We would get through it all. But again, with it being so mild my doctor wasn't that concerned but just wanted to get it checked out as a precaution.

So day one of week 11, I was off to get this ultrasound done. And honestly, even though I was convinced that there was nothing wrong, I was still nervous. You can't blame me for that. But my amazing hubs took some time off work to come with me. But he would be silly to miss the opportunity to come and see the baby again, especially now that we are so much farther along and might be able to see something more than just a bean-shaped blob. So skipping all the details of meeting the doctor and the nurse, the doc started the ultrasound, looking at my uterus and the baby. And yes, we even got to hear the heartbeat again. That was just was cool this time around as it was the first time. We saw arms and legs. And the doc said that everything looked great. He didn't see any issues with my uterus, and everything looked perfect. So no worries. Everything is great with both the mama and the baby. And we even got a few more pictures to boot, and since I'm pretty pumped about how well you can see the baby, I thought I'd share one with you.


(Monday, April 16 - Sunday, April 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...