Apr 23, 2012

How 'Bout Them Reads: You Belong to Me

I know, I know. I feel like I'm cheating too. I already read this book but in all fairness that was a couple years ago. So I barely remember it - except for the fact that I've read this book several times so I actually remember it quite well. It's one of my favorite books. But that's beside the point. I do have a perfectly good reason why I'm rereading this book now. Just hear me out. I started a book. One I had never read. And it certainly hasn't been bad, but it's almost like I burnt myself out from reading so I was having trouble even sitting down and reading. So I decided to try reading a book I had already read before. One that I knew would pull me through the book, which would peak my interest in reading once again. It sounds like a crazy plan but it works. I've done this before, so I'm doing it again. It doesn't matter that I've read this book before. It's still a book I read in 2012, so it totally counts.

via
Dr. Susan Chandler, a psychologist who hosts a radio show, talks about women who disappear and aren't seen again one day and bring up a case that is three years old of a woman who disappeared off a cruise ship and was never seen again. This one case opens up people stepping forward and calling the radio show about clues that were never pieces together before. The only problem is it seems that everyone who calls keeps ending up dead. Which to Susan just confirms that the killer is in New York and she was getting close. But she is getting too close, and her time is being marked.

-------------

I'm a big fan of Mary Higgins Clark. She is always entertaining to read. I wouldn't say relaxing but for a lack of a better word, relaxing. And yes I have read this book before but if it helps it had been so long that I forgot who the killer was. I just all around always enjoy her books. And I'm hoping this will get me out of my reading slump. If anyone can do it, Mary can!

22/52


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...