May 22, 2012

Week 15

A navel orange. Not a regular ol' orange, but a navel orange. Sorry, kid not sure what that means. Well that's a wrap. Just kidding - someone should tell you that I'm your funny parent, even your father will tell you that. Okay, so this has nothing to do with your growth this week, so why don't we just focus on that? I still think it's funny that everything I read keeps saying that you look more and more like a baby each week. I think that's kind of the point of you being in there. But once again you look more and more like a baby. Your ears are positioned on the sides of your head properly because apparently they used to be on your neck. Eek! And your eyes are also moving too from the side of your head to the front of your face. Score! You are wiggling around here. I just can't feel you yet, but before we know it I will. You can also breathe, suck and swallow. Pretty cool, right?

As for me, I'm feeling great. I have my energy back. I stopped having morning sickness. I'm super excited about finding out if you're a boy or girl. Just a few more weeks. Been fighting headaches and a little lightheaded. It's unpleasant, but I guess I give up one unpleasant thing for another. But I still wouldn't trade this for the world. My jeans are getting almost too tight to button. I can button them but they are just a bit too tight for comfort, so I'm in love with the belly band. Even Rob finally said that he can see the difference in my body now - that I have a small little baby bump going on.

I have some sad news for all you out there who were hoping for a cute baby from us: We aren't going to have one.  Now I know what you're thinking, "how could you possibly say that? The baby isn't even born and all babies are cute!" Well apparently ours isn't going to be. Don't get me wrong. Rob is incredibly handsome and he constantly tells me I'm beautiful, but for some reason Rob's handsome and my beautiful do not mix well. Still don't believe me? Well just see for yourself:

Does this baby boy look like he will come
out looking like a Marine to anyone else?



Okay, so maybe I don't know for a fact that we will have an ugly baby. In fact, everyone else in the world might think our baby is ugly but the hubs and I will think we have the cutest baby in the world. That's just a fact. And lucky for us what our baby will look like is not up to thebump.com. Which is exactly where we came up with these pictures, using these two pictures of us:



 I think those are two decent photos of us and I'm not exactly sure where they got the bone structure for those kids in there. Maybe it's just because I don't see resemblance well in kids to parents. And I really don't see it in those two kids above. Or maybe it's denial.

So in our desperate attempt to make a cuter baby, we tried again with slightly different pictures....



So a little less flattering, but we figure how much worse can it get. Right? So when we came up with this first picture of what our son would like if we always looked like this, we were quite surprised.


Anyone else think this baby is much cuter than the first one? Although I'm not sure why he's wearing a bunny outfit. Must it's Easter...? Halloween maybe?


And as for the girl, we decided that they just take random pictures of little kids and put it up because seriously do you see either one of us from those pictures above in that girl? I'm not seeing it. 

But the point of all this and the evening I spent playing was merely for entertainment. Our kid will be adorable. That's just inevitable. But since this greatly entertained me, I thought that it was only fair to share my findings. And aren't you glad I did?

(Monday, May 14 - Sunday, May 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...