May 25, 2012

I Never Got Those Goosebumps!

Rob and I have decided to inventory all our books, movies and games while we packed. It would help us to keep track of what we have so if anything ever happened we would know what we do have instead of trying to remember. It hasn't taken us long to get through all our belongings and get them packed, but there was still a box of books that belonged to Rob in the closet. I told him that when I got bored some afternoon I would go through them and get them inventoried. Well, yesterday was that day. So I opened up the box and started pulling out dozens of Goosebumps books.


I'm sure you have all heard of Goosebumps books. They are fairly popular - or at least they were with our generation. He told me as a kid he used to love them, so I wasn't opposed to keeping all these books. I, in fact, have never read even one Goosebumps book in my life. Oh we had them in the house growing up. They did belong to my sister, but that didn't always mean much because we shared things all the time. Or so I thought....

I remember quite often when I was young being told by Jenny that Mom and Dad said I couldn't read them. They would just give me nightmares and scare me way too much. I was just too young. So being the kid I was, I believed her. Realizing that it was probably true. I would just end up nightmares, so I quickly lost my interest in the Goosebumps books.

Well, it was some years later that the truth was finally revealed. My parents had never said I couldn't read these books, and they definitely had no idea that my sister had told me this. Later she revealed it was just because she didn't want me reading her books, so she made up a story that she knew I would believe so I wouldn't read her books.

So all this means that I have never once read a single Goosebumps book. Apparently we weren't as into sharing as I thought we were. My life was probably never missing anything. But it still makes me laugh every time I think about it, so I thought I would share something funny with you too. 

2 comments:

  1. Whateva you know we're keeping them cuz you still haven't read them yet :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mis-typed. I fixed it. We are going to keep them!

      Delete

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...