Jun 7, 2012

It's a Journal About Pregnancy!

As you all know, each week I post a week-by-week online pregnancy journal on this blog. As much as I love this blog, I also wish to have a tangible copy of my week-to-week pregnancy feelings and updates. But my problem had constantly been that I had no idea what kind of journal I wanted. Every premade pregnancy journal I came across, I hated because it was so cookie-cutter and too cuties. I know babies are supposed to be all cuties and they are cute, but they don't have to be with bears and pastel colors each time (no offense to those bear and pastel loving people out there). So I basically gave up on that idea until just recently when I started thinking about having a way to keep all these writings and pictures. If I can't find something I like then why not do it myself?

So after doing some research looking for ideas online I decided to just start. Rob would argue this, but I'm not a very creative person. I can picture something in my head. I can see it and know what I want to do, but I don't have the creative ability to actually bring it to life. It's a very frustrating life I lead. But I was determined to bring this pregnancy journal to life and bring it to life the way I see it in my head. So with my new determination and desire to nest (and be creative) I began my journey into the world of making my own pregnancy journal.

I decided to use a composition notebook, recovering the front and back to make it more my style. I used some scrapbook paper and glued it on over the top then hot glued (my first time ever!) the buttons along the edge. Rob helped me cut out the blue sheet because as it turns out that for some reason confused the heck out of me. Then using lettering I already had I put that across the front. The plan is to also add her name and birth date. Although we think she is a girl, I want to wait to put her name actually on it until we know for certain. Our she could be a he.

Then I used some things I already had and also picking up some items on sale, I started creating the inside pages.










So what do you think? Some pages my creativity is better than other pages, but it's not bad overall. There are a few things I would like to add to a couple of the pages that I just don't have yet, but I have a plan. I'm just waiting for things to go on sale at Hobby Lobby or Michaels that way we can save a little bit of money. This is more of a project just to keep me busy and fill my time, and definitely is not a necessity so I can do this at my own pace (or at least at the pace of when sales are going on).

Honestly, so far I'm proud of what I've done. I think the pages look good and definitely reflect me and my personality. So far this is all I have done, but I'm still working. I have some checking up to do, considering I'm currently in week eighteen in real time. It will definitely be nice to have this keep sake and the memories from this pregnancy somewhere other than this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...