Jun 18, 2012

Pack'em Up!

I don't know about you but I am not a big fan of packing. Nor am I a fan of cleaning. But I seem to be elbow deep in both now. We are in the middle of an ultimate cleaning and packing marathon. We are moving in a week. And we are so excited. We are so ready.

Well, at least ready in the sense that we are ready to be in our house and be settling in. We are less ready in regards to moving and being packed up. Don't get me wrong we are actually doing good. Most of the apartment is actually packed at this point - Stella is enjoying using all the boxes as her personal jungle gym. Thanks to my parents last weekend we are much farther along than we would have been.

However, we still have miles to go before we're done. Or at least that's what it feels like. But then again I hit my overwhelmed, breaking point. We started working on packing all the dishes and glasses the other day, and I helped with all the glasses. I had the plan for the glasses in fact - I knew exactly how I wanted them packed. But by the time we got to the dishes, I hit my breaking point. All I could do was lay on the floor, feeling totally and completely overwhelmed. But do you think you could give me a little bit of a break? I am 18 weeks pregnant after all - aren't I allowed to have my overwhelmed, losing it moments every once in awhile? I just felt that we would never really be ready, that we had too much to do in too short of time. You don't need to tell me that laying on the floor doing nothing isn't exactly going to halt those feelings, but I needed that moment to break.

But that day is gone. Yes, we still have quite a bit to do. But quite a bit more is already finished. We are so close now and now's the time to give the final push and just be done. We have a plan. We know what is left. We know how we want to get everything moved. We know what needs to go in a car because it's really fragile. We know what can go in the truck. We know what needs small boxes and what needs medium boxes. We have our plan formed. And knowing that definitely helps. We are moving into our own house - bought with our own hard-worked-for (well mostly it's all my paychecks so really not that hard-worked-for) money. We have waited and been patient, and we have found our house. And in a very short time we will be moving in. I just have to remember that.

So now that our countdown is winding down, we have some serious packing to do. So something tells me you know how we spent our weekend:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...