Jun 26, 2012

Week 20

I find that you being the size of a banana kinda weird to be honest. I just don't quite see a baby looking like a banana I guess. Having a hard time with this one, but I'm not going to dwell. I'm just going to move on and concentrate on what you're up to this week. Although I have another source that says you are the size of a small cantaloupe, which makes much more sense to me. Mostly this week you are busy being a boy or a girl - if only we knew. Basically, if it turns out that you are really a girl then your uterus is fully formed and your ovaries are holding about 7 million primitive eggs, plus your vaginal canal is starting to develop. If you turn out to be a boy then your testicles have begun the descent from the abdomen. Like I said you are busy being being a boy or girl. And I really hope you let us in on that big secret in a few weeks when we go back for the ultrasound.

You are moving around. I can feel you in there every once in awhile. It's still pretty sporadic when I do, but every now and again. Otherwise I've been feeling good. I have been a bit stressed with all the closing and moving we are doing. You can't blame me for that, but this all just means you will have a nice home when you are born. My back has been aching like crazy lately, but that's to be expected. I'm definitely not sleeping as well, but Stella has been a bit annoying in the early early mornings keeping us up, so that definitely has something to do with it. The morning sickness seems to be disappearing. The queasiness is even going away. Every once in awhile my stomach feels upset but I'm doing better about keeping down whatever it is I ate. Overall, I feel good. We are halfway through. Can you believe it? The months are just ticking by and before long I will be able to meet you. I am so very excited!

I have done tidbits about pregnancy in general and about mine more specifically with each of this week updates (I hope you all find them interesting!). And now we are halfway through this, so I thought I would take this chance to talk about what has changed and just give a quick update.

*How far along: 20 weeks (duh!) So I'm halfway through my fifth month.

*How big is the baby: When we went in for the last ultrasound about two weeks ago, the doc said Poppy was 9 ounces.

*Total weight gain: I have only gained about 3 pounds at the most so far. It is all in my belly and I have had no swelling of any kind. I think I've been lucky so far.

*Maternity clothes: I wear my old jeans with the belly band because buttoning them is just not going to happen. But some days pants/shorts with the elastic waist are way more comfortable. (You can read all about my thoughts about maternity clothes, pants specifically in the coming weeks.) I have just recently popped in my belly so of course all my shirts still fit, it is just more obvious that there is a baby bump. Most of the maternity shirts are really cute and comfortable though.

*Stretch marks: Like I said I just recently popped so definitely not. And let's hope it stays that way.
*Movement: I am finally just now starting to feel movement. It's not constant or consistent, but it's there and it's pretty exciting when I feel the kid moving.

*Sleep: Some day I feel the desire to sleep pretty much all the time. Depending on Stella, I actually sleep fairly well. Although I often have to get up to pee in the night, which is becoming more of a regular thing now.

*Best moment this week: Finally feeling the baby move and knowing without a doubt that it is the baby, and not gas pains or whatever else.

*Food cravings: Steak. This kid will be a meat eater because I have been craving lots of meats, but specifically steak.

*Labor signs: Oh dear, definitely not! Way to early!

*Belly button in or out: A little more out and definitely bruised. I have a hernia - nothing bad, it's a normal pregnancy thing but now I get a bruised belly button.

*What I miss: Laying on my stomach (totally was a stomach sleeper) and my back not hurting.

*What I'm looking forward to: Of course, I can't wait to hold the munchkin. But in the more recent future, I can't wait to find out for certain if we are having a boy or girl (I sure hope the stinker works with us this next time!).

(Monday, June 18 - Sunday, June 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...