Jul 3, 2012

Week 21

Hey baby! I feel you moving in there every now and again. Just make sure you move around so your dad can feel you too. It's probably a little too early for him to actually feel anything anyway, but still, just consider it. You are growing like crazy. According to one source, you are about the size of a large banana and according to another you are the size of a pomegranate. That only makes it slightly confusing. Let's just go with you are growing - a LOT. I have to be careful what I eat from here on out because you are going to be getting a taste for whatever I'm eating. You are swallowing and digesting amniotic fluid, so whatever's on my menu is on yours. Fruits and vegetables are on my menu, kid. Your dad and I did buy bananas and a pineapple and peaches at the store last night - they sounded good. Your arms and legs are also proportional now, and are developing, so your movements are more coordinated. Well, if you are truly my son/daughter then you are still not going to be all that coordinated - sorry kid.

I have been feeling tired. Oh so tired. But can you blame me? I'm growing a person and oh yeah we moved into our house this week. No worries I did no heavy lifting, but I'm still exhausted. It's crazy hot outside so that just makes me so uncomfortable. It's not exactly pleasant. Otherwise I've been good. I don't even know how long it has been since I have been sick, which is amazing. When I lose track of those days, then we are doing good! Cravings aren't bad. Mostly into the meat and potatoes thing - no lie. Although the last few days I have been wanting fruit. Your dad and I walked into the grocery store and I smelled peaches and I had to have some. You are clearly growing away in there because my belly is getting bigger, but I don't seem to be gaining weight anywhere else, or any extra weight for that matter. I eat when I get hungry and I try to keep myself well hydrated, and your dad and I had been going on regular walks (we haven't since we moved because we've been so busy but we'll get back to it).

The hardest part of this pregnancy other than the throwing up and being tired has definitely been not laying on my stomach. I don't think I realized how much I laid on my stomach until recently when it has become so uncomfortable to do so. I know, it seems silly. But seriously, I miss it. I used to sleep on my stomach and when I was laying on the couch the most comfortable position was on my stomach. But now I think it has always become a little bit about relieving the stress on my back and just trying to get comfortable. I started to flip over and realize that's not gonna happen. So I have taken to sleeping with an extra pillow that I basically hug. We have a body pillow but it's not the one I use. I actually use just a regular fluffy pillow that I either lodge around my belly so I can fake laying on my stomach without actually laying on my stomach or I lodge it behind my back, which props me up a little more. You don't really realize how uncomfortable laying on your side can be. I know it's only going to get worse before it gets better, so it seems silly to even bring it up now but it is only recently that I have really started noticing how much I can't lay on my stomach anymore. And how sad that actually makes me.

(Monday, June 25 - Sunday, July 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...