Jul 31, 2012

Week 25

I can't believe how fast and how much you are growing. I can't believe we are already halfway through the sixth month and we are so close to seeing you now. According to The Bump, you are the size of a cauliflower. Your capillaries are forming under your skin and filling with blood. And to me that's good. Your lungs are getting ready for you to take your first breath in a matter of a couple months, which is definitely good. They still have a lot of growing and maturing to do, but we are getting somewhere now. Your nostrils have been plugged up to this point are now starting to open, which allows you to take practice breaths. And your vocal cords are functioning now, which means you might start hiccuping, which in turn means I might start feeling you hiccup. 


I'm been feeling about the same. There hasn't been a lot of changes other than my growing belly and my hunger. I am so hungry all the time. I had been getting sick for so long that I didn't want to eat much, but then the sickness went down and I started getting hungry. But nothing like now. I am just staring all the time. I pretty much want to eat every half hour now, which is good. We want you to be growing. We want me to be growing so you can be growing. The hunger is good, but it's exhausting eating all the time! Speaking of exhaustion, I've been so tired. I seem to be sleeping through the night, but Stella was driving me crazy crying constantly because your dad was gone for a little bit of this week. She doesn't like when he's gone. And I don't think you do either. You have been kicking a little less. I think you really like his voice. I like his voice too, so don't worry about it! :)

I have this fear of falling. Who hasn't fallen in their life? Everyone falls at one point, but I really hate falling. Usually my falling involves my knee and something bad. So I try to avoid it whenever possible. I get a little paranoid about falling actually. But since getting pregnant I have become even more afraid of falling. Everything I have read has said that it would take a lot to hurt her because she is really protected in there. But I can't stop that fear that if I fall something will happen to her. My two biggest fears since getting pregnant has been falling in the shower or down stairs. Now how many times have I fallen in the shower or down the stairs? Actually never. I usually fall up the stairs if anything. Yes I have fallen down stairs. But I have never fallen in the shower in my life. Doesn't mean I can stop that fear from sinking in and making me horrible afraid of falling.

Well, my fear was realized last week. I was walking down one of the flights of stairs in our house (yes I realize how ironic it is that we moved into a house with four flights of stairs and I'm afraid of falling down stairs) and somehow my foot slipped out from under me and down I went. I was holding on to the banister so I didn't get very far. But my arm and shoulder smashed into the banister resulting in some major pain, plus a bruise later. And luckily I had just landed on my butt so my tailbone hurt like crazy. But it gave me quite a scare. And to make matters worse, it was while Rob was gone. So I just sat there for a minute taking a deep breath before finally finding my feet again and getting up. Addison seemed to enjoy the ride (or didn't - it's hard to tell) because she was kicking like crazy a little later. So she's fine. I'm fine. I have since recovered from the aches and pains of this fall, but that doesn't mean it didn't scare the living daylights out of me. Maybe it's good it's finally out of my system - I fell and survived as did Addie. So maybe my fear will be a little less. All I know is that I don't want to do that again anytime soon.


(Monday, July 23 - Sunday, July 29)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...