Aug 14, 2012

Week 27

You my pretty girl are the size of a rutabaga. Can't say I've run across  a lot of those in the grocery store but maybe I'll look for one next time I'm there. And what are you up to? You have more taste buds now than you will at birth. Just an interesting fact. You are just tasting the difference in the amniotic fluid when I eat different foods. You are just growing and developing.

This is the last week of the second trimester. Can you believe it? It hardly seems possible that we are already embarking on the third and FINAL trimester. My doctor appointments are now every two weeks instead of every four, which according to my doctor will make the final weeks just fly by. We are getting close to starting the final countdown, although I have a feeling you are going to come exactly when you want. Stubborn just like your dad - although he'll tell you I'm the stubborn one.

I'm feeling pretty decent. Tired. I'm tired. Mostly just tired. You are ever growing and so my belly is just getting bigger and bigger. I know according to most people I'm tiny and I probably am since I'm not gaining tons of weight, but hey to me I'm big. You are a kicking fool these days. Your little legs are definitely stronger and you definitely know how to use them. Not that mind being able to feel you, but the rib shots are a little mean, Little Bit.

Like I said up there, this is the last week of the second trimester. Can you believe it? I definitely can't. My doctor appointments switch to every two weeks now. And with that my doctor said that it will go by even quicker. But this being the last week of the second trimester, I thought I would do something that I had filled out earlier in the pregnancy (Week 20 - okay so only seven weeks ago). But there has been a LOT of changes in these seven weeks.

*How far along? 27 weeks. Didn't I just say that?

*How big is baby? I don't have an exact measurement, but I do know she is right on track and should be weighing in at just about 2 pounds.

*Total weight gain? 8 pounds. Yup, that's right I'm at the end of my second trimester and I have gained just eight pounds.

*Sex? Girl

*Maternity clothes? Elastic waist pants are my friend. I can still wear my jeans with my belly band but elastic waist are so much more comfortable. And these days I'm all about comfort since she has been making me pretty uncomfortable with where she's sitting.

*Stretch marks? Nope

*Movement? Are you kidding? Does she ever stop moving? She has recently decided that my right ribs are mean or have been picking on her or something and has taken out her anger on them. Rob says she's just bored.

*Sleep? I'm waking up in the middle of the night these days either because I'm too hot or I have to go to the bathroom or both. But otherwise I'm sleeping pretty good, but then again I'm pretty tired.
*Best moment this week: Nothing to do with Little Bit. Catherine and Nick got married in a beautiful wedding this week. Congratulations to them both!

*Food cravings? I don't exactly have cravings or at least not the same one over and over. However if you suggest something to me or I see it then I usually want it. The power of suggestion!

*Labor signs? None

*Belly button in or out? Halfway...?

*What I miss: I really really really miss sleeping on my stomach. Or heck just laying on my stomach. I didn't realize how much I liked being on my stomach until I couldn't be on my stomach anymore

*What I look forward to: Well, of course meeting my little girl. But again with the stomach thing. Really looking forward to being able to flop over on my stomach whenever I please. Oh and not throwing up - yup, that still is happening occasionally.

(Monday, August 6 - Sunday, August 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...