Sep 18, 2012

Week 32

You are a bigger baby, which I guess is to be expected in light of the current GD situation. Last weigh in, you were measuring at 4 pounds 5 ounces. The developmental portion of your life in the womb is pretty much over but you are still growing like crazy. You are also preparing for life outside the womb by practicing all those essential skills. A non-essential skill that you are getting lots of practice with is sucking your thumb. Your skin is also no longer see-through, which is good. I love you baby girl but nobody wants to see your insides. You are mostly just growing and getting more and more cramped. Sorry I can't give you more room, but trust me you being cramped is making both of us pretty uncomfortable, but we are only a few weeks away.

I'm feeling pretty good. Tired. Getting up a couple times a night will do that to you. I'm still adjusting to the whole having GD thing and having to change my diet and all that. It has not been an easy road so far and I spend a good chuck of time frustrated, but it is what it is. Did I mention that I'm tired? I fall asleep really easily but I feel like I'm up for every little noise, other than just having to go to the bathroom. And lately with the weather cooling down, we have had our windows open which leads to a cold Stella Cat, so she has started sleeping on top of me again. At least she has learned not to sleep on my belly, apparently she doesn't like being kicked. Other than being tired and dealing with this gestational diabetes thing, there isn't much going on. Definitely in the waiting period now. Your room is coming together now though and that makes me pretty excited. It's just a matter of weeks now. I love you sweet girl, but I hate being pregnant, so trust me when I say I definitely look forward to meeting you (for a couple different reasons).

We had our mandatory maternity pre-admissions appointment this last week. They recommend scheduling this appointment during your 30th week before things get too crazy. Along with that you send in an admissions form, so when it is time for the kid to make an appearance, everything is ready to go and we don't have to go over insurance or any other details. I can't know for certain but most hospitals probably do that anymore (but I could be wrong). Along with the form, they require for you to come in for an appointment to go over any details and how the hospital does things, so we aren't trying to figure it out on the day or trying to take in information later after being up for two hours.

First we went over general information about me and any other conditions I have (such as gestational diabetes) then I filled out the paperwork for her birth certificate. Well, almost all the paperwork, I can't quite put in her information yet considering she hasn't graced us with her presence. We then talked about how things will go the day I go into labor. Who we call first (sorry not family) then what we do once we get to the hospital then how it works after Addison is born. They are big on the skin-to-skin right after birth, which is great because after taking my classes, I learned that's the best thing for Addison. And then I want to breast feed immediately and how they will respect those requests as best they can. Then we talked about how long I will be in the hospital after giving birth and other information.

It is good to finally have the information from the hospital and how they do things, instead of just guessing. Times is really ticking away now, so it gives me peace of mind knowing how things work. Too bad just walking into the hospital freaked me out a bit in regards to the labor and delivery - but don't worry since then I've calmed and decided that I can in fact handle that because it's just a few (okay so more than just a few but you get it) hours out of my life then I have Addison and that's what matters. Pain is pain, but this little girl is worth every second.

(Monday, September 10 - Sunday, September 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...