Oct 26, 2012

Embrace the Bad

Since Rob and I have been together, we have carved pumpkins for Halloween (go here to read about last year's pumpkins), so this year was no different. So we carved ourselves some pumpkins, including a little one for Addison. Of course she did no actual knife-wielding, but she was present for the tradition. Rob did do a stellar job carving Addison's pumpkin, including a gummy smile.


Rob is a much better pumpkin carver than I am, but I'm much better at getting my hands dirty. He's not a fan of sticking his hands inside the pumpkin to pull out the inside seeds and gunk, but it definitely doesn't bother me. I'm just not any good at the actual carving portion, which is why I made the decision this year to just embrace the badness that is my pumpkin carving skills. 



While we worked hard, Addison just slept. (And I know it looks like she had a massive bruise on her face, she doesn't. It's a shadow. 


Part of embracing my badness is now quickly I can actually carve my pumpkins, which leaves me with some dead time while I wait for Rob to finish with his pumpkin. Therefore, Addison and I decided to have a short photo shoot. Again she slept through it, but she's not even two weeks old yet so give her a break!


After finishing his pumpkin, Rob set out to carve her pumpkin. For her smallness, we got her a small pumpkin. It's just her size. It was probably best he carved the pumpkin since I wanted her to have a least a decent looking pumpkin for her first Halloween. 


I bet you can guess which is mine. If you guessed the middle one then you would definitely be correct. Like I said, I decided not even to try to make it look decent because I'm just not so good with the carving. So instead of getting frustrated and mad that it looked horrible even though I tried really hard, I decided to just go with it. And you know what? I'm okay with it. 





It is pretty awesome having a front porch to put our pumpkins on this year. 


After completing our pumpkin carving adventures this year, I decided I wanted a couple of good family pictures. So I set up the tripod and set a timer and got quite a few really good shots of our new little family (minus Stella). I was so excited about how they turned out that I thought I would share one with you. Aren't you lucky! : )




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...