Oct 9, 2012

Week 35

Still just growing. You should be about 20 inches now, which is the average height for babies. But you should also know that I'm tall so you might just be a long baby. I guess we'll know in just a few short weeks from now. You are also just gaining weight - hopefully not too much with this gestational diabetes thing. Your brain is also still doing some developing now, which is okay by me because we want you nice and smart. The other thing that most babies are doing right about this time is going bottoms-up, but you have been that way for awhile now. You really enjoy shoving your feet into my ribs. You are all ready to go now, aren't you? Soon, baby girl, soon!


I wish I had good news about how I'm feeling this week. But unfortunately I have felt pretty crummy this week. Between the two massive nosebleeds and the back ache, this has been a tough week. It's not that I didn't expect to be uncomfortable at this point of the pregnancy, but I'm really really uncomfortable. You are a six pound baby in there and are just out of room. So I guess we're both uncomfortable. I hope you don't take offensive with I tell you that I want you out. I'm done being pregnant and I'm just ready to finally meet you! On another note, the gestational diabetes is going okay. I'm still having some trouble controlling certain numbers, but for the most part I do okay. Like I have said before, it's a lot of trial and error, and I have definitely had some errors. Nothing done on purpose. In fact there is a Reese's sitting in our fridge right now that I really wanted and I could have because it would be under my carb limit, but I also know that chocolate of any kind seems to shoot my number up, so there is continues to sit. Maybe that will be the one I take to the hospital with me and eat as soon as I get the go-ahead that I can go back to a normal diet. But for now, there is sits uneaten. Probably best that way - this is about you after all.

For the last four weeks, we have attended a child-birthing class. It's the same group that we took the Baby Basics class through and the breastfeeding class, which in my opinion have all been worth the money. For the last four weeks, we have learned about different aspects having to do with the childbirth process and what to expect and of course, we have practiced breathing. No more of those he-he-who breathing practices - apparently women were hyperventilating, so not so good.

The first week we discussed warning signs and those annoying symptoms that go along with pregnancy and what we have experienced so far. Honestly, that first day was not the most informative. I have been lucky because I haven't experienced most of those symptoms that a lot of women experience - the excessive weight gain, the swollen ankles, etc. But I have definitely come with my own special set of problems: umbilical hernia, positional pain (Addison pushes against the top of my ribs so I get intense pain right under my right shoulder blade and around the front side when I sit), anemia, and of course the gestational diabetes. So not the best first class, but we practiced some breathing techniques and such that first day as well.

The second class we talked about the stages of labor. This one was definitely more informative. You hear about labor and the childbirth process, but we actually went over in detail what to expect with each stage. When you break it down like that it seems like an impossibly long process, but from what I've heard a very rewarding one. No breathing practices this time. The labor talk took up the entire time and was enough to overload you for one day.

The third class we talked about medical help basically. So we talked about what kind of drugs we could get and the effects that each have on you as the mom and the possible effects on the baby. We also talked about inducing and what was involved in that, which was definitely helpful for us because I will be getting induced (or at least we are going to try and hopefully it takes). We got down on the floor and did more breathing exercises at the end of the class.

The fourth and final class we talked about c-sections and postpartum. Then did more breathing exercises. Again this day's class was helpful just because I might end with a c-section if little bit decides she isn't ready to join us in the world, but she has to come out because of the gestational diabetes. Knowledge is power and now I can feel more confident at least knowing what a c-section is like and what it would mean and all those details that I didn't know before.

As a whole this class has been informative. At least we have a better idea of what to expect and what happens when and what all goes into the birth of a child. Of course actually living it is different and every woman has a different experience (hint hint: make sure to watch for Addison's birth story some time after she's born!).

(Monday, October 1 - Sunday, October 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...