Nov 2, 2012

He Needs Proof // Happy Friday

For all of you who have kids, you know what I'm talking about when I say that you get no sleep. You always hear about the lack of sleep before you have kids and you think 'man that sucks, but seriously how bad can it be?' Then you have kids of your own and you try desperately to remember what a full-night's sleep felt like.

As new parents (18 days old now!), we are seriously lacking sleep. We try to trade off nights, although with Rob back to work, I have taken over night duty (plus I have to get up anyway to feed her - Rob just doesn't have what it takes!). But that doesn't necessarily mean Rob gets any more sleep now.

Something I learned about Rob early on is that when he is stressed or overly tired, he talks in his sleep. And actually it's usually quite entertaining. Although I must confess I find the whole thing less entertaining when he wakes me up from my deep slumber to tell me something that makes no sense whatsoever. But here's how it usually goes: He will wake me up and say something that will actually make sense. Then I question him or respond. Then it will either go that he says something else that makes complete sense and it continues on or he'll say something that makes absolutely no sense at all. And that's usually when I figure out he's sleep-talking again. And the next morning, he has no idea of anything that had happened.

Following Addison's birth, he took two weeks off to help around the house and so we could bond as a family. I loved having him home. Plus, him being off also meant that we split night duties. Yeah, I still had to get up to feed her, but when she just wouldn't go back to sleep I wouldn't have to take every single night of trying to get her to sleep again, rocking or singing or reading or doing whatever it took. Although the way, however, Rob grew just as tired as I did.

One night when we decided it was his night, Addison started fussing. Rob didn't wake, so I had to take it upon myself to get her. I fed her then tried to wake Rob when Addison wouldn't fall back to sleep. Here's how it went:

"Rob. Rob. Wake up. It's your turn to take Addison."

"I need proof."

"You need proof?"

"I need evidence."

Then he rolled back over and went silent. Apparently, the man needed proof that Addison was his and that it was his turn. And since I couldn't proof it right then and there, he went right back to sleep and that night became my night. Although I was tired and didn't want to take the night, even I found the conversation entertaining.

He claims he doesn't remember the conversation. Or he actually does remember and has figured out a brilliant plan to get out of night duty. He is a smart man after all! : )



  I hope you get some sleep!
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...