Nov 16, 2012

Things I Don't Want To Forget: One Month Edition // Happy Friday

Yesterday was a big day. Yesterday meant that Addison is a month old. She graced us with her presence a month ago [at 5:37 pm], and that day was truly was my best day ever [although our wedding day is trailing closely behind]. In honor of our Little Bit being a month old, there are things I want to remember. Things I don't want to forget.

*The way she sounds like a pterodactyl.
*The way she needs me over everyone else right now, not just because I'm her source of food, but because I'm her mama and sometimes she just really needs me.
*The way she looks so peaceful when she sleeps, although some days sleeping seems to be hard to get by [she fights sleep more than I like].
*The way she likes to cuddle.
*The way she watches the world. She can't see very far, but right now she study everything she can.
*The way she furrow her brow like she's carrying the weight of the world.
*The way she kick out those long legs and stretches out her toes.
*The way she loves the song 'The Wheels on the Bus' and how it is often the only way to calm her.
*How tiny she is. Her legs and arms are mile long [just like her mama], but she is so skinny and tiny. But she is constantly changing and growing.

It's so hard for me to believe that my little girl is already a month. This has been an exhausting month but so rewarding. Some days, everything is so surreal but that's mostly because we haven't slowed down since she was born. Despite those sleepless nights and constant breastfeeding, I wouldn't change anything (well maybe I would change the other day where she spent the whole day crying/screaming at me). Before I know it, my Little Bit will be holding up her own head, rolling around, and on the move. So I'm doing my best to hold on to my infant, even on those bad days, for as long as I can and I'm trying to remember everything I can about this stage because before I know it we'll be past it and on to the next one [eek!].






Okay, I'm going to go hold my Little Bit now. 
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...