Dec 18, 2012

Year in Review: Top Ten Favorite Recipes

Day two of our year in review and nothing is more exciting than my top ten favorite recipes of 2012. Okay, so maybe there are a few things more exciting, but we'll save that for later in the week.

This was an interesting year as far as cooking was concerned because I was pregnant for a big chunk of the year resulting in food aversions and cravings and later a strict gestational diabetes diet. But we still managed to crank out a few new recipes that I shared with all my readers. So here are my top ten recipes of 2012:

#10: Colorful Crab Stir-fry


In a weird twist this was a meal that I liked, but Rob didn't really care for. That doesn't happen very often...okay, so that never happens. This meal was super easy to make and a meal I chose during my GD diet, so you know it's not high in carbohydrates!



This meal originally has pork in it, but we aren't fans of pork in this house, so I dropped the pork and made it a meatless meal. It's super super super easy and pretty dang good. 



It's done in a crock pot. Enough said.

#7: Tilapia Fillets with Lemon-Tarragon Sauce


I don't usually like fish, but I really liked the taste of this one. For the most part tilapia is not a fishy fish (as in it doesn't taste or smell fishy to me), which is the only reason why I was even willing to try it. And I must say that I started out as a struggling fish cooker, but now I've gotten pretty good at it.

#6: Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo


This is actually not a new recipe. This is one that I used to have all the time because I think it's delicious, but this year was the first time I had had it in a long time and the first time I had shared it, so it made the list.

#5: Easy Baked Chicken and Potato Dinner


This was one of the easiest meals ever. Cut up the potatoes and throw everything into a pan and that's all there is. It was so simple and tasted wonderful.

#4: Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells


For some reason I was surprised that I liked this meal. But it is delicious. It's a little time-consuming, putting all of it together - mostly stuffing the shells but it's not the worse meal I've ever made by any means and it definitely tastes good.

#3: Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits


This aren't a meal...obviously. But I didn't say this was my top ten favorite meals, I said top ten favorite recipe. These are just about the best thing I have ever tasted. They are just so good. I can't even describe how good. Just go try them.

#2: Classic Goulash


Rob requested goulash. I googled goulash recipes. I found this one. We tried it. We'll never try another goulash recipe again. This one was perfect.

#1: Beef Stew with Dilly Dumplings


Did anyone see this one coming? I thought this meal was amazing. This is not one that I would usually eat, but I thought the recipe looked good and I wanted to try something new. And I am so glad I did! Definitely my favorite of 2012.

So there you have it, my favorite 2012 recipes (brought to you by How to Boil Water). You should go try one or two or ten. Come back tomorrow for A Year of Outtakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...