Jan 15, 2013

Addison Sophia: 3 Months


Dear Addie:

You are 3 months! Apparently, I'm doing something right because you are still doing good, looking healthy, and happy. You are a champion eater now. You no longer down those bottles like it is the last one you will ever have. You are much better at taking your time, which helps with the projectile vomiting spitting you had been doing for the majority of this last month. But it seems you finally got this thing figured out - or maybe Mama and Daddy finally got it figured out. You have not been the best napper in the whole this month. Some days are awesome and you nap like a pro. But more often you seem to just take little cat naps and get yourself really tired and then start screaming at me. Despite being horrible at napping, you are great at sleeping at night. You aren't sleeping through the night yet, but it'll come. You have been going longer between feeds at night now, just getting up once at night to eat then you go down pretty well. You are still in our room at night - a little because I don't think you're ready for the move and a little because I'm not ready for you to move just yet. I have gotten you to take a couple naps in your crib in your room but that doesn't happen often. Mostly you love napping in your swing and it's often the only way I can get you to nap. You are a little stinker.

You are such a daddy's girl. You love to talk to him more than anyone else. You often talk more to your daddy when he gets home in one day than you do to me all week. You just have a lot to say to him I guess. But that's okay. I know you love me too. Your daddy's pretty crazy about you too. Plus he's an expert swaddler. He can swaddle you before you even know what hit you then you sleep like...well, like how I would love to sleep.

Everyday you get more personality. You smile more. You are on the verge of really laughing - which I'm totally looking forward to. You have been trying to roll and you'll get there. You hate tummy time, but Mama is mean and makes you do it anyway. Your neck is really getting strong. Every once in awhile you try to push yourself up on your elbows while holding your head up. I am crazy proud of you and all the growing you are doing. You don't hate bath time the way you used to - I guess having more meat on your bones really helps. Oh, and thanks for loving my music. I really hate those lullabies. : )

I love you my sweet girl. Even when you scream at me. Those are days I'll never get back - even if I'm less willing to have those particular days back. You are way more than I ever expected and I'm excited to see how much more you change in the next month ahead.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...