Jan 14, 2013

How 'Bout Them Reads: Dinner: A Love Story

Welcome to the first finished book of 2013! It only took me 14 days to get this book read. Making me pretty happy I decided not to try and conquer 52 books again. That would just be crazy! But this year is all about 15 books of 2013 and this particular post is about the book number one. 

Dinner: A Love Story 
Jenny Rosenstrach


via
Jenny Rosenstrach writes a blog - Dinner: A Love Story - and this book is an extension of her blog. I had been lurking around her blog for quite some time, not really reading but glancing every once in awhile at it in my reader. In one of my lurking glances I noticed she had a book coming out. But that was the last I thought of it until I was at the store and remembered it again, flipping through it. 

And from that moment, I decided to add it to my Christmas list. 

And as you could probably guess, I received it from the hubs. I started reading it almost immediately and enjoyed it from the beginning. I wanted it initially because it is a cookbook. But then I realized it was much more than that. 

The cookbook wasn't really a cookbook. Not in the way that we know cookbooks to be. It is written much more like a blog. She's funny and easy to relate to. The book is broken up into three sections: Newly Married, Having Kids, Family Dinners. In each of these sections, she talks about these stages of life and how differently we cook in those stages. 

Reading through this book I felt inspired. I felt inspired to start a family dinner routine for my own family. I felt inspired to develop my skills as a cook. I even got excited about the idea of cooking with my daughter one day. 

As far as the recipes are concerned, I have already made a couple recipes from this book and they are wonderful. I made the pizza crust from this book (which you can look for in a couple days) and I highly recommend it. The recipes are easy to follow, easy in general and delicious. I look forward to trying even more recipes from this book.

And even more I look forward to not just lurking around her blog but really reading and trying more recipes from her blog. 

She is a funny writer. She is easy to read and I enjoyed this book. If you are looking for a new cookbook, try this one out. It's an all in one, enjoyable read like you are reading a blog plus dozens of delicious recipes. 

1/15



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...