Feb 26, 2013

A Little Extra: Mozzarella Sticks

I have been looking for a good mozzarella sticks recipe for awhile. Yes I realize I could probably just go to the frozen section and find some already made that I just have to put in the oven there, but you know me. I like to try and make them by hand. This isn't the first recipe I have tried, and sadly it won't be the last.

What You Need:
12 cheese sticks - I used mozzarella 
1 egg
2 tbsp flour
5 tbsp bread crumbs
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
olive oil or cooking spray

What You Do:
Cut the cheese in half, making 24 slices then freeze. Make sure they are completely frozen.

Beat egg in small bowl. Use separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.

Dip frozen cheese stick in the flour, then in the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture.

Place on baking sheet lined with aluminium foil coated with a few drops of olive oil or cooking spray.

Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes or until crisp. Watch closely to make sure they don't melt completely.



You wanna know a secret about me? I am horrible at coating things. As you can clearly see above. I don't know what it is. I have never been very good at it. Maybe that's something to add to my food resolutions to improve on.

Despite my bad coating skills, these weren't all that impressive. Or maybe my coating skills were in fact the problem. They weren't bad, but mostly it just tasted like we were eating cheese. I guess we were technically, but they weren't something I would write home about (but apparently they were something to write about on my blog).

So my search continues for a homemade mozzarella cheese stick recipe. Can anyone help me with my search? I would be most grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...