Mar 14, 2013

Making the Cut: Shred It with Weights

When I decided to go back to working out six weeks ago, it only made since that I would choose a Jillian Michaels DVD. And since I have a small obsession with Jillian Michaels workouts and have about eight or so to choose from, I just had to decide which one I wanted to do first.

In the past I have tried doing 30 Day Shred. I have always started there, but I never make it very far. Why? I have no idea. I get to level two and after a couple days of that, I just give up. I didn't want that to happen again. I was determined to not let this happen again. I was determined to complete one of Jillian Michaels's exercise DVDs. And for that reason I refused  to start with 30 Day Shred. I refused to start with one that I have given up with time and time again.

So this time I decided to start with Shred It With Weights, a kettleball workout. (Of course I don't have a kettleball, so I just used a hand weight!)

via
When I first started it, it was hard. At times it felt close to impossible, but I pushed through. I got up every day and made time during each and every day to work out. I made time each and every day for me. Sometimes Addie would be napping and sometimes she was sitting in the bouncer or playing on her play gym in the living room with me, but I made time for me every day. And that is something I had never done before. When I had started working out before I always found excuses, but this time I made time even though it is hard, even though I didn't always want to.

When I decided to do this workout I also decided to do three weeks on each level. Why three weeks? Because I just decided on three weeks. Also because I wanted to have time to really advance with each exercise, but move up at three weeks regardless in order to push myself. What's the point of doing working out if I'm not going to push myself? If I want a change then I have to make a change. I have to push.

When I started level two after my three weeks of level one, I was frustrated. I wanted to give up. And on more than one occasion I thought about giving up in the middle of the workout. I thought who would know? Absolutely no one! But I would. I would know and I would feel bad that I just gave up. I would know that I Just gave up on myself and on my workout and the thing that I had worked so hard for the previous three weeks.

I found quickly that there were exercises that were too hard, but instead I modified and made it possible so I could keep working out. So I could keep moving and doing an exercises even if it is slightly different than what Jillian Michaels is doing. And before long I realized that the exercises were getting easier. I could do more. I could keep up better.

 I would be lying if I said every day was a breeze and I get up excited to exercise, but I'm definitely not ready to give up. I am extremely proud of all that I have done. I am ready to be done with this DVD and move on. 30 Day Shred here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...