Jul 10, 2013

Making the Cut: Much Needed Break

Can I be honest? Confess something? I haven't been exercising! I know! Gasp! Shock! Horror! Surprise!

Dramatics aside, I have a good reason if you are willing to hear me out. And as I write this I realize how much this is going to sound like excuses but I don't see it that way. And that's because just because I am taking a break doesn't mean that I'm giving up. It just means that I am taking a break - a much needed break. And I am going to be returning to exercising in August, and believe it or not I am actually looking forward to going back to exercising.

For those of who you don't know, my husband is a Marine. And that means that July is a very busy month for him with having to deal with the Marines and annual training. And that in turn means that I don't get a much of a break in taking care of Addie. It goes from a tag-team, two-person operation to being on-call 24/7. I don't mind. I love my girl, but she is getting her back teeth and she is changing up her routine again! So that means my days are busier and she tends to be fussier, and then I'm just much more exhausted by the end of it. I salute all those parents out there doing this by themselves all the time - I can't even imagine!

Since I'm being honest here I should also mention that I have been feeling a bit burnt out and frustrated with exercising lately. So a break came at a perfect time. And despite what I just said about being burnt out and frustrated I am actually looking forward to going back to exercising in August. Confusing, right?

I hope you didn't take any of my reasons for taking a break as excuses. To me they aren't. If you do then think about it this way, you get burnt out at whatever it is you doing in your life. You get busy. You get frustrated. You just need a vacation. Well, think about this as my vacation. Still not agreeing with me about it not being an excuse? Well, excuses are easy to find. Reasons are easy to forget. I still know my reasons and those haven't changed. I just had to be realistic about this month.

Okay, I'm done justify why I'm taking a break. Take it for however you want. Excuse. Justified. Realistic. Whatever. Either way, you won't be seeing 'Making the Cut' until August, and I know you can't wait - although it might be just because you are really curious if I'll actually going back. I guess you'll just have to wait and see. Enjoy your time and your July!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...