Sep 10, 2013

Eat Dessert First: Chocolate Ganache Tarts

It's been awhile since I have baked, and I love baking. So I decided it was high time I did something. I didn't exactly choose the most advanced thing to do for the first time in months. I was just looking for something, flipped through my cookbook and thought these looked good. So here we are.

Brought To You By: Taste of Home Cookbook

Here's What You Need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Whipped cream, fresh raspberries, and confectioners' sugar, optional

Here's What You Do:
In a small bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth; beat in flour. Drop dough by scant tablespoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups; with well-floured hands, press dough onto bottoms and up sides of cups.

bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until firm.

Beat chocolate mixture until soft peaks form Pipe or spoon into tart shells. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and confectioners' sugar if desired.







The dough wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I tried a piece when it came out and it tasted fine so I decided to go ahead with the dessert, as did the chocolate tasting I may or may not have done. Although I will admit that they aren't the prettiest of things. Does food always have to be pretty? Eek - I sure hope not! I'm thinking maybe it should just be delicious. So was this tart delicious? That is the question. And the answer? They were actually. They were a bit rich, so I don't think I'll be eating loads of them at a time, but they were definitely delicious. Will I make them again? Undecided. They aren't exactly my usual thing for dessert since they are a bit on the rich side, and they aren't exactly pretty enough to be taking to any get-together I might be going to. So who knows. But for now Rob and I can enjoy the 12 I made - although I will admit I'm looking more forward to the raspberries I bought. Old habits - healthy eater and all. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...