Mar 4, 2014

Our Yearbook

We made a family in review book. We have lots of pictures. Who doesn't? And because they are all digital, they are on the computer, hidden away from everyone. So instead of letting them sit there on the computer year after year ignored, I decided to do something with them. I decided to make them into a book. But due to my lack of scrap booking skills and creativity and my desire to not have a thousand photo albums of all sizes laying around the house, I decided to make one online.



So I started checking out all the photo sites I could find and their book making sections. I found good things about some of them, but with some I was frustrated. I couldn't do what I wanted to do or the price was way outside my range. I wanted a happy medium where I could have complete control and it wouldn't break the bank getting it printed. Which is when I came across  MixBook. They had everything I was looking for. I had creative power and the pricing was decent, plus they were constantly running sales. I fell in love instantly.



So I started working on our 2013 Year in Review book, and loved loved loved how it turned out. It was coming out exactly like I wanted. I was excited, but I couldn't share my excitement with anyone but Rob because we had also decided to do a book for both sets of parents. As I got more into the site the more I started to do. I also started creating more books. I made a book of my pregnancy with Addison including all the blog post I wrote, pictures, and ultrasounds. I put together a book of all her monthly letters and pictures. I then kept on going putting together a book of our wedding and honeymoon.



When I was finally able to get our 2013 Year in Review book printed and I could look at it in person, I fell in love. I loved the quality. I loved looking at our pictures somewhere other than online. I loved having our memories in book form. I definitely decided that this would be a tradition I would continue year after year. Plus this was a big hit with the parents/grandparents. I loved seeing what we did in 2013, how much Addison has changed over the year, our favorite memories, and where we went. I loved the way it came out and I'm excited to see all my other books in print too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...