Apr 14, 2014

A Much Needed Break

aka: date night

Sometimes I feel like as a home I'm on the go. I have to be spot on with Addison all the time, ready for anything. That's good. I like to stay busy except during nap time when I just want to nap. But when she's a wake it's a constant on. I have to be watching her all the time because she gets into everything. She's been testing her boundaries and pushing her limits. I don't blame her. She's almost 18-months. That's what she's supposed to do, but that just makes me have to be constantly watching her. Which means everything else I want done has to be done when she's not under my watchful eye (which is basically naps, after bed time, and when Rob is home and in charge of her). We have been in a constant state of getting into everything, getting into trouble, throwing temper tantrums, moving on, and the cycle continues.

It's exhausting. I'm exhausted. I feel like I haven't had fun in awhile. I feel burnt out and worn down. So a date night with the hubs was exactly what I needed. I needed to step away from the munchkin. I am forever thankful for the best babysitters in the world - grandma and papa. Addison always has a great time and loves playing with someone other than mama.

We knew we wanted to go see a movie. I had actually been talking about going to see Divergent for some time but then Captain America came out and the debate began. Rob told me that he didn't care but if he was answering honestly then he would rather see Captain America (makes sense). I wanted to see both. So we had to make the decision on which one we wanted to see in the theater more because we would be seeing both regardless, just not both in the theater.

But never fear, we finally made up our minds. We went with the one that I had been talking about for months. Unfortunately after watching the movie, we wished we had gone and seen the Cap. Divergent was okay but neither of us were overly impressed with it. But you can't exactly unseen a movie. We enjoyed it well enough. I certainly enjoyed the popcorn, but I did feel a bit sick after considering I ate 2/3 of a large popcorn. That was a mistake. But I bounce back pretty quickly.

After the movie we went to dinner at none other than Carrabba's. Of course. That's my favorite restaurant and plus it's delicious. And remarkably enough I was still hungry and ready for dinner even after eating 2/3 of a large bag of popcorn. Rob always tells me that I have a separate compartment for popcorn. And still another one for Carrabba's.  Sure seems true considering how much food I ate.

Then we were home sometime after 6 to see munchkin face again. She was happily playing away with grandma, stacking and unstacking books. As much as I feel like there is a piece missing when we go out without the kid, it always seems to do us good. It's nice (and important) for us to get out as husband and wife and be able to focus on each other. When you have a kid, it's easy to forget about everything else but the kid and every day life, but being able to go out on a date is like a kick in the butt to the husband-wife relationship.


Sidenote: I had ever intention of taking a picture of us on our date but I forgot. Rob response was that they all know what we look like. So imagine what we look like sitting in a car leaning together smiling at a camera that was our date. Don't you feel like you were there now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...