Apr 23, 2014

Apparently I Need A Good Cry...

Do you ever feel like you need a good cry? I do. And when you haven't cried in a long time and finally do, don't you just feel amazing?! I know I do. I feel refreshed. Usually when I lose it and start crying I'm emotionally spent and seriously need it.

But I'm not really feeling emotionally spent. We have a lot going on. True. We have been busy and I get worn down. But seriously, it's not about any of that.

I need a good cry, but not for what you might think. I need a good cry because I have a clogged tear duck and I need it not to be.

This happened several times the last couple years in the spring so I think it has to do with allergies, but let's just face it, I'm not a doctor so I have no idea. I do know what's going on and I know that it sucks. I know that it feels like I got punched in the eye. I know that my eye, in the tear duct area, gets red and a bit swollen.

Yesterday was just like any other day. I was just doing my thing but about halfway through the day I noticed that my eye was bothering me. I thought it was weird but my eyes have been dry lately and Addie could have smacked me with a book but I just don't remember. (Is it sad that it happens so much that I don't really remember anymore....?) I didn't think much of it but carried on with my day. But by the evening I noticed it was hurting more. I just happened to glance in the mirror and noticed it was looking red. Almost immediately I knew what was happening. I took out my contacts and knew the next couple days were going to be glasses days.

I know you are dying to see my eye, so here you go...


Oh wait, that's what my eye normally looks like. All normal and pretty. Don't you think I have pretty eyes? Kidding....mostly...

I do like my eye color and Addie definitely didn't get her blue eyes from me. There's some extra proof right there. But my eye color really isn't the issue.

Two evenings ago when Rob took a picture of my eye, it looked like this...


If you are wondering what to look for, again it's in the tear duct area so in the bottom corner of my eye. It's a little red and normally doesn't sit so high up, that's also known as swelling.

Surprisingly, it didn't hurt too bad by bedtime nor in the morning. It definitely wasn't looking so good yesterday morning...


It was much more noticeable. And even most of the day it didn't even hurt unless I forgot about it and touched it (it was starting to itch by the afternoon). The bad news was that by the afternoon when it stopped hurting the other eye started hurting. That can't be a good sign. I'm hoping I did actually get hit in the eye.

Like I said I think it has to do with allergies but I'm not an expert. I have no idea. In the past it always clears itself up. Sometimes because I lost it and cried. Sometimes it just went away on its own. I tried to keep a warm cloth on it as much as I could and that seemed to helped. But just so you know (now I'm talking to you parentals!) that I will go get it checked out if it hasn't gotten any better in the next few days. But I'm hoping it goes away on its own soon.

So now I'm going to go get a warm washcloth. Or think of something sad and try a good old fashion cry (although Rob already tried to get me to visualize him punching puppies which didn't work but prompted Addison to start laughing...weirdo!). So maybe I'll just stick with the warm washcloth.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...