Apr 24, 2014

I Love Me Some Painting

Okay so that's probably not true. I like the finished result but I actually hate doing the actual work. It's exhausting and it takes a long time. But I keep doing it anyway. I must be crazy.

But there I was last weekend, painting again. All weekend long. I must say that painting is not exactly the most relaxing of weekend activities. But by doing it on the weekend I could get more done than during the week when I only have nap times to work. It's amazing how much you can get done when there is someone else around to watch the munchkin.

Painting the master bedroom has been on my list for awhile now. It formerly was a chocolate brown color. It wasn't horrible, but I just wasn't crazy about the color. Every time you hit the wall with your fingernail or my ring, it caused a chip where you could see this awful light/sky blue under the chocolate. It wasn't exactly a pretty thing. Plus we later found out that the color was actually an outdoor paint. Kind of weird, but whatever. It had to go. It took a little to convince Rob that it was time to change the color. He didn't see that there was any major problems with the room, but I managed to convince him that it was time for a change. He was finally good with the change and likes the color. He even helped some with the painting.




The first step was of course all the prep. I'm the world's worst painter so I knew that I had to tape off our woodwork and the ceiling. Which of course actually takes more time than the actual painting, or so it seems. I also had to take off all outlet and light switch covers. Then away I went with the painting.


After the first day of painting, I got done with two coats on two walls and one coat on a third wall.



I was loving how it was coming together. It looked like a completely different room and I loved it. So to start out the second day, I started on the wall that wasn't painted to get a coat on that one so it could be drying while I did a second coat on the only wall I had left. Then I could switch back to the first wall I did that day. So it was all done by the second day. I was definitely exhausted and felt it in my back by that point but Rob came to my rescue on that second day and did most of the rolling for me.

So by day three we were changing outlets and light switches to white from the off-white it was and putting things back up. The room is still a little messy but it's getting there.




We also did some rearranging and there is still some things I want to do in the room. We moved the TV from next to the bed to across from the bed, which we like better. I have a vinyl projects and I hope to start working on soon and I also want to get a chair for the room. And then there are always little things to do around the room.

The color in the pictures is definitely darker than in real life.


This is the closest I could get it to be to real life. It actually has more of a blue tint to it and it actually looks blue at times in certain light. But it is mostly a gray, called Milestone by Behr.

I love how it has turned out. It's a good neutral color that could go with any color scheme when it's time to buy a new comforter. I love how it turned out and Rob admitted that it looks better too. It needed a touch-up and some updating. Every time paint a room in this house, I feel like we are putting our own personalities into each room.

So that's how I spent my weekend. It was exhausting and made me sore but totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...