Jul 9, 2014

The Art of Photoshopping

A couple weeks ago, I shared about our anniversary tradition (see it here). Well something I may not have mentioned was that the picture was photo-shopped.

Okay, you caught me.

The last two year's pictures were photo-shopped.

I know, it's so wrong. But hear me out before you judge.

The first year we didn't realize how bad the picture of the picture was until way after the fact. See for yourself...


Yup, the angle in which I'm holding that picture pretty much null and voids the entire project. You can't see the past us, which is no good for a continuing picture tradition. But it was the best picture we had so the only choice was to deal with it.

But wait, I married this guy who is pretty handy with a computer. And no he can't hack...I don't think....

So once we figured out there was a problem, he said that he might be able to fix it. So he worked his magic.

But not without complaint. That was mostly due to the way I was holding the picture with my crazy fingers. However, despite my freakish fingers, he was able to fix our problem.


Didn't know, did ya?

I have freakish fingers and he has magic ones. Problem solved.

Except for the next year.

I seem to be the problem child here. Our daughter does okay. My husband can manage to smile like a normal person. But me...once again...cause the need for photo-shopping.

Let me first say that it's hard to get a good picture with Addison sometimes. You know kids, they aren't always up for smiling when you want them to. Come to think of, the hubs is actually somewhat similar. But oddly enough they weren't the blame for the most recent photo-shopping.

It was me with a stupid smile.

We went through all the pictures and picked the one that looked best. Addie was smiling, Rob was smiling, and I was sort of smiling. Rob didn't really notice anything wrong but I couldn't get away from that goofy look I had on my face.


Maybe you are in the camp with my husband who thinks that it's not bad. But I didn't like the idea of that smile hanging on my wall for a year.

We joked about the photo-shopping we did last year. We joked about how we'll end up photo-shopping again this year. The key word there: joked. We weren't serious. Until I put my foot down about the smile.

So again my computer guy worked his magic and changed my smile. He took it from another picture where my eyes were closed and put it on the picture with the stupid smile.


And like magic...


My eyes don't exactly match my smile now but hey I like it a heck of a lot better now.

So there you go. The story of the photo-shopped anniversary picture. My goal next year is to smile normally and not angle our picture into the light. My goal next year is to not be the reason for the photo-shopping I hope we don't have to do.


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh gosh, I just laughed out loud... I think at the squinty picture. I'm the same way. You can have a bad photo that's on instagram or something but not one that you'll keep forever and frame! Mad props to the hubs on his photo shop skills too, btw! xo, Sarah @movingeastonwest

    ReplyDelete

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...