Aug 20, 2014

I Gots a Hair Cut...Again

I'm not a fan of getting my hair cut. I probably should have included that in my 28 facts about me, but I didn't and now you know. Maybe that makes me different than most other people? I don't know. I just know that I don't really like it. For one I find deciding what I want to do with my hair really difficult. And for another small talk with the person cutting my hair is always really awkward.

I have always gone to cheap places for those $7.99 hair cuts. I don't like the experience so I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. And last August, I got my hair cut and ended up hating it. (Check it out here.) It wasn't like it was a bad hair cut. In fact it was a kind of cute. But I learned that I prefer my hair longer, so ever since I've been trying to get my hair long again. 

It's been a year since my last hair cut. Not on purpose. I know that you need to cut it in order to keep it healthy. I know trimming it is good for your hair and it always looks better. But it just hasn't been something high on the priority list and as busy as we have been, some things just get dropped by the wayside. 

But last week I went and got my hair cut again. And luckily this time I don't hate it. 

Before


After


So it wasn't much of a change. I went to an actual salon, which was definitely worth it. I'm never going back to those $7.99 hair cuts again. That was probably the first change I needed. I didn't want to do anything crazy but just a fairly basic something with layers. My hair just had nothing to do it and apparently it wasn't even, so she fixed that. I did add a little bangs to it to frame my face but otherwise there wasn't much different. Which was fine by me. 

I definitely feels better. And looks a ton better. Now if only I could keep my hair from all falling out....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...