Jan 6, 2015

17,953

No that's not how many page views. I actually surpassed that a long time ago. But that is the number of pages I have read this year.

I love to read. I have always been a reader. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't have a book started. And this last year has been no different. Actually I imagined 2014 going very differently for me, so when I was first trying to figure out my reading goal for the year I picked a low number of 15. But within the first three months I had that beat then some, so I quickly changed the number to 26.

However by summer again I had that number beat. Instead of changing my goal again I just kept reading. And before I knew it the year was ending and I was at 42 books read and finished. Many of these books I had read before. Because of the rocky year I wasn't in much of a mood for exploring new worlds and characters. I wanted those I knew, which felt secure. I didn't need more unknowns.

So I started reading and just kept going...


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) - J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) - J.K. Rowling
Divergent (Divergent #1) - Veronica Roth
Justice for Sara - Erica Spindler
My Life in France - Julia Child
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll
Needles and Pearls: A Beach Street Knitting Society Novel - Gil McNeil
A Bend in the Road - Nicolas Sparks
The Gathering Dawn - Sally Laity
The Kindled Flame - Sally Laity
The Tempering Blaze - Sally Laity
The Fires of Freedom - Sally Laity
Embers of Hope - Sally Laity
The Torch of Triumph (Freedom's Holy Light, Vol. 6) - Sally Laity
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) - Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) - Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) - Suzanne Collins
Our Mother's War: American Women at Home and at the Front During World War II - Emily Yellin
Twilight (Twilight #1) - Stephanie Meyer
New Moon (Twilight #2) - Stephanie Meyer
Eclipse (Twilight #3) - Stephanie Meyer
Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4) - Stephanie Meyer
Left Behind (Left Behind #1) - Tim F. LaHaye
Tribulation Force (Left Behind #2) - Tim F. LaHaye
Private Life - Jane Smiley
Nicolae (Left Behind #3) - Tim F. LaHaye
Soul Harvest: The World Takes Sides (Left Behind #4) - Tim F. LaHaye
Apollon (Left Behind #5) - Tim F. LaHaye
Assassins (Left Behind #6) - Tim F. LaHaye
The Indwelling (Left Behind #7) - Tim F. LaHaye
The Mark (Left Behind #8) - Tim F. LaHaye
Desecration (Left Behind #9) - Tim F. LaHaye
The Remnant (Left Behind #10) - Tim F. LaHaye
Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages (Left Behind #11) - Tim F. LaHaye
Glorious Appearing: The End of Days (Left Behind #12) - Tim F. LaHaye
Dream of the Blue Room - Michelle Richmond
When in Doubt, Add Butter - Beth Harbison
Blue Dahlia (In the Garden #1) - Nora Roberts
Black Rose (In the Garden #2) - Nora Roberts
Red Lily (In the Garden #3) - Nora Roberts
Tonight We Die As Men: The Untold Story of Third Batallion 506 Parachute Infantry Regiment From Toccoa to D-Day - Ian Gardner & Roger Day

Yup, that's a just a mighty long list of books right there. So from that list which were my favorites of the years? Harry Potter is always a winner in my book and of course The Hunger Games are always a favorite. But other than that I liked My Life in France, When in Doubt, Add Butter, and the Nora Roberts books, who is a favorite author of mine.

So what's my plan for this next year? I'm thinking 32 books. That's a good solid number.

"No one promised life would be easy or that the game wouldn't change without warning. There you are, all ready to pass Go and collect two hundred dollars, and suddenly Colonel Mustard is trapped in the conservatory, ranting and raving and waving a wrench, and no one knows what exactly a conservatory is or why anyone though a wrench - of all things - would be a good murder weapon, or what branch of the military Colonel Mustard even served in! Has anyone seen his credentials? Well, you get my point..." (When in Doubt, Add Butter, 30)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...