Jan 7, 2015

Seven on the Seventh

1. A week before Christmas I was making dinner as I do every night but that day my knife slipped. I
ended up cutting a chunk out of my finger. I was afraid to look at it before I thought the tip of my finger was gone. I got a bandaid on it but started bleeding though. In order to finish dinner, I ended up wrapping a Kleenex around it and securing it with scotch tape. After dinner, Rob helped me clean and put a new bandaid on. The top of my finger was still there but a chunk out of the side was missing.


2. I dyed my hair again. I was aiming for dark brown but ended up with black. I'm okay with black though. I think it looks good. I decided to use a new brand, Madison Reed. Gotta say I love it. It's a gentler way to dye your hair without all the harsh chemicals. This is probably the best my hair has felt after dyeing my hair. It's a little bit more expense but definitely worth it.

3. I'm looking at a pile of sheets sitting on my couch. I really hate making the bed. It takes like two minutes, but getting up and actually doing it is completely different.
UPDATE:: I finally made the bed. I got tired and wanted to go to bed, so I kind of had to.


4. I recently bought some new bras and let me just say that there is nothing quite like wearing a new, never-before-worn bra.

5. The new season of Glee is starting soon and part of me is excited about it because it's supposed to be bringing back a lot of the original cast. I really liked Glee until they all graduated and I think they lost the magic they had. But I'll still watch and hope some of that magic returns for the last 13 episodes.


6. I've lost my cooking mojo lately. It seems like everything I have cooked lately have been awful or under-cooked. I don't know what's going on but I gotta snap out of my cooking rut because I get one of us sick. I don't even think I had this problem when I was learning to cook. It probably has a lot to do with being distracted (the terrible twos are showing...).

7. We didn't make it to midnight on New Years Eve. We basically celebrated at ten then went to bed. We were at Rob's parents house and Addie decided we couldn't see without us (actually that was an ongoing problem, and one you can read about tomorrow), so we went to bed with her. Sometime in the middle of the night I woke up and Rob was playing on the iPad, so I rolled over and gave him a kiss for the new year. We sure do know how to celebrate....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...