Jan 14, 2015

A Day in the Life: 27 Month Edition

It's been awhile since I've done one of these and since its kind of fun to look back and see what our schedule was like, I'm doing another one.


0619 // My alarm goes off and I silently curse myself for staying up until almost mind playing Trivia Crack against the man who sleeps next to me. But I take my temp (all part of trying to get pregnant) and drag myself out of bed to workout.


0727 // I head upstairs for a shower after working out, posting that day's blog, and doing a little work on upcoming ones, plus wasting a little time checking on some items that are being shipped and browsing a few blogs I read.

0800 // Rob finally gets going to walk out the door for work, but not before releasing the caged monster who had started making noise. I really just wanted a nap.


0830 // I get Addison dressed and ready to take on the day or at least start it by reading. After just a few minutes of that, Addison decides she's ready to move on and we head downstairs for some train play.



0900 // And since we had a temper tantrum while playing with trains then trying to get a snack, we move on to puzzles. Addie entertains herself so I do a little more work on my blog. She occasionally brings me a puzzle piece and the puzzle that she's struggling with, hands it to me and shows me where it goes. But mostly she's playing by herself and seems content to do so. I really like the days when she's good with independent play especially since she's going through some major separation anxieties.


0938 // And on to coloring. I'm not going to lie, today is the day that I'm just counting down the minutes until lunch (because Rob will be home and duh, food!), nap, then when he gets home again. I'm a bit on the grumpy side and just want to be left alone and not tugged on or needed or whined at all day (let's be honest, we all have those days). Rob had drill last weekend so Addison and I have been with nonstop together for the last nine days and frankly we get a little sick of each other by the week after drill. So I'm doing my best and trying to hold out against just letting her watch a movie. By this point I'm just praying that coloring will keep her interest for awhile.


1004 // Addie joins me on the couch after having a terrifying experience with a wind-up toy.


1021 // And she off and moving again. She just doesn't seem to know what she wants to do next...


1034 // Sticker time!!!


1100 // Sticker time quickly became art time, so we pulled out our art box. We did some stamping, coloring, more stickering, some painting, and some foam leaf sorting.


1200 // Lunch time. Addie has some peanut butter and jelly, chips, some orange slices, and raisins. I had my amazing spinach and tomato quesadilla with feta and mozzarella cheese.


1220 // Rob comes home. I like Tuesdays and Thursdays.


1300 // It's nap time around here, otherwise known as I sit and try to relax while Addison cries wanting out of her room time. I have a snack, watch NCIS, and play Sim City on my iPad.


1500 // After two hours of screaming and throwing stuff outside her room, I give in. Nap/Quiet time is over. That was anything but relaxing. And I accomplished nothing. But as I'm letting her out, we get a delivery of her new gate. While she looks at books, quietly of course, I put the new gate up.


1530 // Mama needs some quiet so I pull a less than ideal mama moment and put in Toy Story for her. Don't judge! You know you have all done it before too...


1700 // Time to start making dinner. Since it was a low-key dinner to make, so I gathered the trash and did the dishes while it cooked. Meantime Addison wandered around and mostly moved things from one place to the next.


1735 // Rob gets home from work and we eat. We had Baked Cod and Crescents. It was pretty good and that's saying something since I don't really like fish.


1800 // Mama is off duty. On Tuesdays, I get a break. I don't have to do dishes. I don't have to clean up. I don't have to do anything with the kid other than kiss her good night. Which means my responsibilities are done for the night. I work on my blog, watch Bones, write in my journal, play Sim City. Basically I'm doing whatever my heart desires. Rob and Addison play.


1900 // Rob takes the squirt upstairs for a bath and to get ready to bed. I continue doing exactly what I was doing before.


We don't go to bed for another couple hours. We usually either do our own thing. Or we head to bed and watch a movie while I mess around on the iPad and Rob programs, which is what we did tonight. A Perfect Getaway is a weird, hilarious bad movie. And that's about it. That's our day in a nutshell. The end.

Past Editions: 2 Year, 22 Months, 15 Months, 10 Months.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...