May 21, 2015

Throwback Thursday: 2010

I love taking pictures. I'm not the most talented photographer in the world but I love capturing moments and being able to look back and remember those things. Truth be told that's why I have been writing in a journal for the last fifteen years and why I keep this blog. But with pictures it captures a moment without words.

So today I'm going to share some of my favorites from 2010. Come back the next few Thursdays to look back at our other years together.

March 2010 // This was about 4 months into dating. We went to the zoo. It was a chilly day but I remember the animals were moving around a bunch and there was hardly anyone there.


April 2010 // This is one of Rob's favorites. He likes my shady eyes. Clearly we're at Silver Dollar City, the first of many trips down to SDC.


May 2010 // We had six rows up from the first base side tickets to the Royals game. Rob set out the eat popcorn while I snapped this picture, thus became the struggle to get the man to just smile for a picture.


June 2010 // This was Rob's 24th birthday. He got so sun burnt a few days before when we went swimming and didn't went sunscreen (shame on him!). 


July 2010 // I don't remember going to the WWI Museum in July but that's where we were. I have no idea why. Maybe we ate downtown. It was so much easier going on dates in those days.


August 2010 // We got engaged on my birthday of this month. Then we headed to DisneyWorld. The day we were at the Magic Kingdom it rained/drizzled pretty much all day long and it was yuck, but we stayed. This picture makes me laugh every time I see it.


September 2010 // This was at the RenFest. It was hot but we enjoyed the day. This is one of my favorite pictures. It's funny to look at this picture compared to the first picture. Rob started cutting his hair shorter. I no longer had red hair plus a dark brown. Plus my face had cleared up a ton; I guess that's what being so incredibly happy will do for you!


October 2010 // Pretty much everyone who has ever seen this picture has loved this picture. We went on a weekend trip to St. Louis and was taking a stroll through the park by the Arch. And that was the first time in years and years that I had bangs. They were horribly cut but there was nothing I could do about that except let them grow.


November 2010 // My first Marine Corps Birthday Ball. Get your Marine face on!


December 2010 // Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City with my family. To this day this is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us.


In 2010, we got engaged, went to Disney, went on several weekend trips, got Stella, and I'm sure about a million other things. It's hard to remember what we used to fill our days with because our lives are so different now. But we had to start somewhere. 2010 was a good year and I love that man just as much now (if not more) as I did then.

xo, B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...