Oct 30, 2020

Friday Five

 1. I got on the bandwagon to put an aesthetic with the widgets on my phone. And honestly it was super cute. It took me forever but it also made me super happy so whatever. However after a few weeks with it, I changed it all back (with a new wallpaper since my old one was me and Rob at the last Marine Corps Ball we went to before Connor was born). For one, I hated the idea of having to change it all once fall was over. It just took so long. And second I hated when I clicked on an app it had to take me to shortcuts then to my app. It was super annoying. And then I didn't get any notifications on the actual app reminding me I had a message or something to look at so I was forgetting things. So I went back and I'm surprisingly happy with my normal screen and app pictures again. I should have taken a screenshot to show how pretty it was but I didn't, so there's that.

2. I voted, have you?! Are you?

3. I wasn't exactly sure if I was going to actually ever finish my outline for my Nanowrimo novel. To be honest, I'm not even sure how this year will go. It's not that I don't have a story. In fact I have a pretty lengthy outline but still it doesn't seem as established in my mind. My characters are definitely a bit more shaky for me than years past, but I'm going to give it a go anyway. I always try to remind myself that it doesn't have to perfect. It's just about getting the words down and if I like the story then I go back later and make it better. So that's what I'm aiming for - words written. But I am a bit nervous. 

4. I bought a new coat over the summer for all the winter walking that I do. And when everything with school was so much up in the air, I wasn't sure I was even going to be able to use it. We joked that I would make the kids go for walks in the middle of the winter just so I could use the coat if they were remote only. But luckily they went back to school, and the beginning of this week turned really cold. We actually got our first bit of snow. So I pulled out my new coat and I have to say that I love it. I spent a decent amount on it but it was well worth it. It's long and warm and not too big and puffy. I'm really happy about my coat. 


5. I have been working on Christmas shopping already. I am completely done with the kids. I'm even done with Emma's birthday as well. It's nice to have it all done. But I am really struggling with Rob. I usually have some kind of idea but this year I seem to be completely clueless. I hate being so clueless. And what's worst is that he's completely clueless too! I'll come up with something he didn't know he wanted, I always do but I have to get to thinking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...