Dec 15, 2020

Merry & Bright: Christmas Decor

 It is that time again where the our house is all decorated, but this time it's for Christmas. I showed off our Halloween decorations in October (check it out here). But this time the house is all ready for Christmas, which is fun although I will admit that the day after Christmas I'm usually ready to have everything back to normal. But I haven't yet grown tired of the decorations. This year they are just making me happy. 

So I had recently decked out our somewhat useless counter that I never knew what to do with and I loved our every day decor, but I knew I wanted it decorated for Christmas this year. I ended up having to buy all the Christmas decorations for that counter because I didn't have anything at all. All of the stuff came from Target and they are all super cute. I definitely love all the elements. 


The table is definitely the most lacking of locations but since I had that little vase of colorful ornaments I just bought those little five dollar trees and called it good this year. I'm going to keep looking for future years, but I'm not sure what I want to put on this gorgeous table (in case you missed it, my dad built this table for us and we got it a couple weeks ago and we love it so much!).


The rest of our decorations pretty much have it all together. I got all the stuff for the mantel last year and still love it this year. The only new thing up there is the Dress Blue Nutcracker. I have been wanting a Marine Nutcracker for awhile now so I'm definitely excited to finally have one with our decorations. He's mighty handsome up there. 


Our tree is a bit lacking this year too because a few days one of the strands of lights went out leaving some huge unlit spots in the tree, but whatever. It is what it is. I will say that I always admire those people with well decorated and coordinated trees but the truth is that we will have have one of those trees. Plus it's kind of nice to have our family ornaments up there. Maybe if we finish the basement one day we will put one down there and have one of the trees all put together. But for now I'm happy with our very family tree - I just wish the lights hadn't gone out. 



For Halloween I got some fun pillow covers for the living room, so I knew I had to do that for Christmas. And these are just so dang cute. I actually got these from Amazon and I love them. The kids adore them and they are just fun. 


So there you have it. That's how the house looks. My wishlist for next year is a better centerpiece for the table, some more things for outside (all we have now is lights around the house and an inflatable Mickey), and maybe all the light strands working on the tree. But for now, for this year, all these Christmas decorations make me happy so I'll take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...