Oct 22, 2020

Spooky Scary Skeletons: Halloween Decor

 To be perfectly honest Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I just don't like it, but the kids do. They love to decorate and go trick-or-treating. They like to dress up in costumes and listen to all the Halloween songs. I could take it or leave it really. 

But because they love it so much we do do it all. Including apparently decorating for Halloween at the of September. I didn't use to decorate for Halloween until like mid-October but each year I think it's gotten earlier with the kids asking for me to pull out all the decorations. So I did and they have been up since September 28th or so. 

I didn't end up buying much this year but more just filled in a few gaps here and there. I am really loving having the house look together which definitely includes decorating for holidays. 

The first thing I did was set out everything I had. It was seriously lacking when we were at our old house that had a huge mantel. 


But at this house with the mantel much smaller it really works out much better. Most of the decorations I have are actually from Etsy shops from years ago. The string of lights actually changes color but orange felt like the most Halloween color so that's where we have been keeping it lately. 


The banner and the impossible to see bats in the above picture is one of my more recent buys from Amazon. I had that old one from the old house (see first picture) but it was made of cardstock and just looked sad so that one went away and this one took it's place happily. And much to my shock, the kids have only knocked it down once in all the time it's been up. I'm truly impressed. 


I wish I could tell you where I got these cute signs from and the string art candy corn but I truly can't. I got them years ago but just start a search on Etsy and there is so much cute stuff out there. I do truly love buying on Etsy because I love supporting small businesses but also because the stuff is not factory made (I made technically some of it is but you get the point). 



The only one place I decorated was my kitchen counter that I had just finished [mostly] putting together before. This sign was one that I got as a free printable from some site or another, again years ago. I truly just add bits here and there and called it good. 








These pillow covers are new this year as well. I also got there from Amazon. I had recently gotten new pillows and new pillow covers for our couch, but I thought it would be fun to switch out the pillow covers with some of the holidays, and since the kids love Halloween so much I thought this would be a good holiday to go with. 


Frankstein's Monster hangs on our door to the garage and honestly he's one of the kids favorite. 


This spider is our only moving Halloween decor item. Emma and Connor love him. Emma is always wanting to carry him around and give him kisses. Addie on the other hand completely hates him. She wants nothing to do with him and is terrified whenever he is on. He actually mostly stays off because it does get annoying to have him drop down every single time the kids make noise - which is all the time. 

So there you have it. I decorated for my least favorite holiday. Well, is it my least favorite? I actually don't care for Valentine's Day either. There's something about that day... 

Anyway, there you have it. Our plan for Halloween this year is to eat our chili like we do every year then put our Halloween bowl outside and do a little trick-or-treating, only going to houses with the bowls out front (which is actually most houses in the area since it's a big family neighborhood and everyone is out trick-or-treating). What's your Halloween plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...