I knew I wanted to continue doing the PT program that I was given for awhile still but I knew I also wanted to go back to some kind of exercise. I wanted to test the waters. So I made a plan for two weeks and would see where things would go from there.
Right now I have easy days and hard days of PT (which I talked a little about in the previous Making the Cut post). The easy days are all floor work where I work a lot on that inner quad muscle and even my hips some. On my hard days it's the standing work. It's working on my balance and lunges and squats. I even just recently added in tiny hops because hey I can do that now. I also added in 30 seconds of quicksteps because I have to start somewhere in regards to running. I lack a bit of control with my leg but I just need time and practice and strength - so basically time.
On my easy days, there isn't much to it so I knew I wanted to add in more. I alternate easy and hard days which would mean I would be adding in more exercise every other day. At this point this sounded like the way to go because I would have to ease my way back into exercise. (I am also adding in planks, adding more time that I hold it each time, because it is hard on my knee and I need to strengthen and practice.)
The question was where to begin?
With so much leg strength going on on my hard days, I wanted to add in some arms and abs with my easy days. So I found a YouTube video on POPSUGAR Fitness called 20 Minute Flat Belly & Toned Abs Workout. I knew it wasn't going to be the sweat and burn I was looking for in a workout but it was a start.
![]() |
| via |
But back to this exercise, the last week and a half went well. Yes, I mentioned in the beginning that I was planning on two weeks then moving on but I got antsy. I feel ready to start something more. Yeah my leg is nowhere close to where it was before but I'm ready to start pushing it a little more and trying more (which if you read this post then you know I'm not going off the cuff but have been discharged and told to take things as I feel comfortable).
![]() |
| via |
I think I just enjoyed being able to do something more just PT and I am really looking forward to moving on to something more (which I will be posting about eventually so make sure to watch for that). But for now I'm pleased with where I started and can't wait to take on what's coming next.
Comment below: What is your current workout plan? If you have any lower body injury (or like me surgeries) how have you found your way back to exercise?




No comments:
Post a Comment