Oct 16, 2018

Bump to Baby: 29 Weeks

You are about 15.2 inches long and about 2.5 pounds now. Of course I have no doubt that you are a little heavier and longer than that but it does put you at about the size of a large butternut squash now. You are definitely getting more cramped in there but that doesn't mean your kicks and punches are pretty powerful. You are also doing a lot of hiccuping. As far as development, it's basically all about your lungs. You are just growing away and your lungs are developing and getting ready for your time outside the womb.

This week as been much like the last. A lot of tired. A lot of achy. A lot of just trying to figure out what I can eat and what makes me feel crummy. Meal planning is a pretty impossible task at this point because I just don't know what to eat. I have a lot more things that are aversions to me than things I
crave. I'm definitely not interested in ground beef or chicken breasts which is usually a staple in our house but not these days and it's been pretty hard trying to figure out what we should eat every day. Truthfully lately I have been really sore. My body just aches. I guess that's part of being pregnant and in my 30s. But I'm making it and I do the best I can. My skeletal issues are definitely getting worst in regards to the pain in my shoulder blade and my rib cage. Those are definitely better than I'm reclined back or standing, however standing isn't always great because I have some varicose veins which start to really ache when I'm on my feet too long. This is the first pregnancy with varicose veins and my doctor told me they would go away after you are born but for now they are pretty uncomfortable.

How far along: 29 weeks

How big is baby: A large butternut squash, although girly girl is measuring about a week ahead at my last ultrasound so probably bigger than that.

Total weight gain: About 8 pounds total. I gain weight all in just my tummy with every pregnancy so it's all baby.

Clothes: I'm wearing pretty much all maternity clothes unless I'm wearing sweatpants. There are some t-shirts that fit but most are too short.

Purchases: I have gotten an outfit for her, but mostly it's just stuff for her room. I have also gotten a coming-home outfit which I have always bought for each kid that only that kid wears and I found hers. I'm pretty excited about it and how adorable it is. And truthfully I love how her room has come together.

Movement: All you do is move around. You are a powerful and strong little girl. You definitely have the kicks and jabs down, almost to the point that it's painful. You are definitely an active little girl.

Sleep: I definitely haven't been sleeping so great these days. I'm usually getting up about twice a night but mostly it's just because I can't get comfortable.

Food cravings/aversions: I pretty much feel like I can't find anything to eat. I want things like all meats pizza but I don't want ground beef or chicken breast at all. It's a weird mix. Mostly it's all about finding foods that don't make me queasy which I don't usually know make me queasy until after I've already started eating.

What I miss: Being comfortable. I'm tired of all the aches and pains. I also miss not having to think so hard about what I'm eating. I really want a hoagie sandwich too.

What I'm looking forward to: Eating a hoagie sandwich. But seriously I'm really looking forward to meeting Emma. I just can't wait to finally see her, although I would prefer she waits a few more weeks before that happens.

Husband update: "I'm still your husband" was his response when I asked him for a husband update. (Perhaps I should have asked for something more specific.) He's good. I think he's at the point where he's tired of all the pillows that I constantly have surrounding me. But he's patient and awesome. He's a trooper but I think he enjoys my pregnancy insanity. And of course he's excited about Emma, although sometimes his eyes bug out slightly when I mention how close we actually are to my due date.

(Sunday, October 7 - Saturday, October 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...