Oct 15, 2019

Addison Sophia: 7 Years



Dear Addison:

I can't believe that you are actually 7! It just doesn't possible that you could be that big already. I thought it was bad enough when you started kindergarten and turned 6. I struggled with you started first grade but thinking of you being 7 is just too much.

You have been a delight from the moment you came into our lives. You were the one that made us parents. You were the one that completely changed our lives forever. And it hasn't stopped being a thrill since.

It's so hard to believe that you were ever the same kid that struggled to move and talk for so long. You are so active. You love to dance and move. You love to sing and boy do you love to sing in the shower. You are always asking for music in the car. And you never turn down the opportunity to dance in the kitchen while I cook dinner with music turned up loud.

You not only love music but you love creating. My dining room table is covered with all kinds of projects. You love to color but you have been making a comic book lately. You have made paper puppets for a puppet show. Anything that has to do with arts and crafts, you love it. It always baffles me that you don't like art at school but you more than make up for at home. I love how creative you are.

It's sometimes the case that someone who is very creative can struggle with the sciences and math because of the way their brain works. But not you. You love math. Almost every day on our way to school you ask me to give you math questions. We started out pretty simple but now we are into the double digits and you are doing awesome. You pick up things so quick and so curious about everything. All the time you ask me questions I can't answer and end up having to look up. Sooner than I would like you are going to outpace me on many different subjects. You are just excelling at school and there isn't anything you don't love.

Reading is definitely one of your strengths. You always have your nose in a book. I don't even think I could count how many books you have already read or in some cases reread many times. Since about your birthday last year of kindergarten you have been reading chapter books and you haven't stopped since. You just love all things books. I have been expanding your subjects of books to books about girls interested in science, kids going back in time, and mysteries. You just lap everything up and are constantly asking questions just wanting to understand everything.

But you are so much more than just your smarts, although there is no denying that you are super smart. You are a great big sister. There are times that I want to just send you and your little brother to your rooms for the rest of the day and more than once I have put forth the rule that you two aren't aloud to talk to each other, but you two adore each other. You are great with your little sister and I can always count on you to help me out if I need you to keep an eye on her so I can run upstairs to do something. You have really stepped into the big sister two both of your siblings and I can't imagine anyone better to be their sister.

I just can't believe you are 7. You have changed so much and you are so beautiful. You have a beautiful mind. You have a beautiful soul. You are kind. You care. You have passions. You are just so amazing. I'm so lucky to be your mom. You have taught me so much through the years and I'm sure you will continue to teach me and make me a better person. I love you so much.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...