Dec 5, 2019

Making the Cut: Killer Body



After finishing Body Revolution I was definitely looking for a change of pace. I wasn't interested in taking any time off because having to get back into the habit of getting up at 5am is a killer truthfully. And because I knew I felt better when I exercised so I wanted to stick with it. But I did decide I wanted to do a program that would mean I would be done before Thanksgiving so I could take the holiday off. That meant I basically had to find a program that worked into 3 weeks and 3 days. Turns out there aren't many like that.

Image result for jillian michaels killer bodyI like the feeling of completing something rather than just doing random workouts. I like the structure of it, so I search through my DVDs and found Killer Body. It was another Jillian Michaels but it was one I hadn't done before. There were three weeks but instead of being levels, each workout focused on a different part of your body. So that meant I would do two days of upper body, two days of lower body and two days of core every week. I would still be with my six days a week and I could do it for as long as I wanted and feel like I had completed it. It was the perfect solution.

This is one of her newer ones and one I hadn't done before so I wasn't completely sure what to expect (even though I had watched it through once before actually starting it). But by the end of it, Killer Body had become one of my favorites. I like the mix during the workout of strengthen and some cardio without too much. I like having a different workout for three days before repeating again, which kept it feeling fresh. I liked that by the end of it I was starting to see where I was improving on some moves which just meant I was getting stronger. Plus unlike her earlier programs, she was less intense.

I think overall the core workout was my least favorite, but that could just be because on one of the circuits you spend almost the full four minutes in plank of some kind and I really really hate anything plank. So didn't love that one, but otherwise I was able to keep up and build from where I started and really saw an improvement in what I could do.

I would say that I would definitely do this program again especially if I am short on time and couldn't fit in any of longer program. This is the perfect thing to do just to keep doing something. I would also say that it wasn't too intense and I think anyone could do this - as long as you accept that there will be planks. It was fun even though I got a good workout out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...