Jan 25, 2011

"It's a beautiful night. We're looking for somethin' dumb to. Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you." -Marry You, Bruno Mars

So the wedding is almost completely planned now. Well, at least all the big things are done. If you want information on our wedding then we do have a site: www.theknot.com/ourwedding/rebeccapointer&robevans

Wedding planning has been quite an adventure. I have clearly never done this before, but I think I've done pretty well. I'm not going to put a picture of my dress up just because I don't want any wandering eyes (i.e. Rob) to see it. We're doing it the traditional way and he won't see my dress or me until I'm walking down the aisle. But I will say that it's beautiful and I love it, even though I hated it on the hanger.

Our colors are royal blue and turquoise. In bridal terms those colors are horizon and malibu. The bridesmaids and groomsmen are wearing malibu (sorry again to the groomsmen who are wearing an ugly pattern vest with the malibu). But I love the dresses we picked out:


For flowers I chose white gerber daisies. The bridesmaids bouquets are just white gerbs with a royal blue ribbon tied around their bouquets. All the men will have just one simple white gerb with a lilly grass accent. My bouquet is more involved. We're using a smithers oasis turquoise wire collar fashioned around the bouquet to add in all the colors. My bouquet will have a mix of mini and large white gerbs with a mix of eye colors. For the gerbs with the light eyes there will be royal blue rhinetone pins in the middle to add the royal color in. There is also going to be some greens to add volume to the bouquet. I'm really excited because the lady that's doing my flowers and I were exactly on the right page, so I know it will be beautiful. Another thing we're adding is gerbs with wire stuck through them underwater in a large vase with clear marbles and a light under all of it. It will be beautiful and I'm looking forward to it.

We have basic ceremony decorations on the pews. So not much to tell there. We have completed our centerpieces, which I'm really excited about (and going to ask anyone who is looking for something to do the morning of our wedding to help us get those set up, please and thank you :) ). We have a vase that will sit in the middle with water dyed blue with underwater lights. Around that will be three votive candle holders, only slightly taller. In those will be clear small marbles with another light under those marbles with a white gerb stuck in each with a royal blue ribbon tied around the stem. I did an awful job of describing them, but they will be beautiful.

Let's see. I'm super excited about my hair. I'm not wearing an veil, so for any of you who are diehard veil people, sorry. I'm doing an updo with a flower in my hair. I'm still looking for my shoes but I'm wearing slippers of some kind either white or blue. It all depends on what I can find.

We met with The Bridal Kitchen the other day and I'm really excited about the cake. It's a square cake with three layers. All the layers are off-center from each other. There's a royal blue ribbon around the bottom of each layer with white textured dots around. Our cake topper is perfect and I'm excited about it. We got to do a cake tasting and our main layer is the most amazing strawberry cake ever. We ate it when it was cold and it was amazing, so when it's warm it will be awesome. We'll also have flavors of chocolate and white for those to what to stay traditional. But I'm a big fan of the strawberry.

All our honeymoon information is on our wedding website with pictures. I'm really excited about the place we got in Maine and then spending time in Boston.

I think that about covers everything. I'm really excited about all of it. See you all in five months!

~B~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...