Jul 31, 2011

Jillian Strikes Again!

Let the record show that I am not crazy. Although the next words out of my mouth (or in this case fingers) is that I have undertaken more Jillian Michaels.

For anyone who has been paying attention, I have already taken on Jillian Michaels once before the wedding. I started the 30 Day Shred before the wedding and if we are being honest then I feel it's only fair to say that I didn't completely finish it. And I certainly didn't do as well as I would have liked. So another time I will take on the 30 Day Shred again, but for now I have moved on. 

via
 For the past two weeks I have been doing Jillian Michaels' Six Week Six Pack. And let me just say that if I don't have some super sweet abs by the end of it then I'm going to be pretty unhappy. I have been working my butt off on this workout. I have been trying, maybe not every day as much as I should but some days you just can't give as much as you could the day before. 

Now to be fair, last week should have been my third week of my workout, resulting in this upcoming week (namely tomorrow) being my fourth week and my first week on level two. But with everything that went on, I didn't get a chance to do my workout every day. I did it only a couple days, so I begin my third week at level one all over again. So instead of cheating I have decided to pretend as if I did nothing towards my third week and start again. I think that's pretty big of me. :) 

This Jillian workout is no easier than the 30 Day Shred. Somehow I don't imagine any of her workouts are actually easy in the slightest however. So just as the first workout, I don't recommend this workout for the light of heart. It's hard. It hurts. It's exhausting. But by the end of it, you just feel plain proud of yourself because you manage to make it through alive. It doesn't matter how many times I have done it, I still feel that sense of pride when I have completed it fully and pushed myself throughout the whole thing. 

And honestly, I think there has already been a bit of a difference. (If only I could get my eating under control - no I don't overeat by any means - but my appetite has been a little weird and funky lately). But I hope to see a bigger difference by the end and then maybe at a later date I will go back to this workout and hopefully make more of a difference. 

So wish me luck as I continue on. I have four weeks left at this workout then for a special preview I'm starting yet another Jillian Michaels' video: Yoga Meltdown. Sound daring to anyone else? Yeah me too, but I'm kinda excited to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...