Oct 5, 2011

Chocolate Fix Homemade Style

I have always been better at baking than I have at cooking. For one I have always enjoyed it more. And that can make a big big difference. I hate the cleaning up on both but if given the choice I would much rather bake. I have naturally been better at baking, which is pretty handy when you need a chocolate fix.

Which is exactly what I have been needing - a chocolate fix. If you remember back with me, I first attempted these chocolate cupcakes back in June and it went poorly the first time but went much better the second time and they were delicious. Well, I decided to make them once again but the only problem was that I don't have any icing. Now I could just run to the store and pick up icing, but cupcakes are a luxury and we have no money to spend on icing that most of it will go to waste anyway. So I decided to look into this and see if I can make my own icing. I mean, why not, right?

So I did what I do best and started looking around online and I found me a recipe. It seemed simple and even better I had everything I needed to make it now. And me being the generous generous person that I am I'm going to share this amazing, simple recipe with you!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar for those of you like me that it just learning and learned something new)

Directions:
Combine the butter and cocoa together until well beaten. Add the milk, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until frosting is smooth and creamy.




So since I made frosting and don't plan to just eat frosting as my chocolate treat I made those yummy chocolate cupcakes with them. Told ya I wanted chocolate. I had made these before, but I thought I would give you the break down again.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 tsp. vinegar

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients well with mixer until brown and smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.






Baking is easy for me. I enjoy it. There is something relaxing about it. Maybe I'll start giving more baking a shot too. Start a new series. Baking for me is not part of the 'How to Boil Water' series because it is not inside the scary realm. It just is baking. I'm not an expert. I'm still learning but I find that this learning is fun. Maybe I missed my calling in life. Well, either way I'm going to go enjoy me some chocolate chocolate cupcakes now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...