Apr 17, 2012

Week 10

We have ourselves a prune. What is a prune you might ask? Well, see for yourself - but what we
figured out it's basically plum. Yes, this has been a conversation topic in our household. Just looking at the picture, it's not pretty. Luckily for you, you are just the size of the prune and you don't actually look like it. But you certainly are busy. The biggest thing? Your vital organs are fully developed and starting to function. I think that's kinda a big deal. You have plenty of other things going on too actually, and really right now everything is a big deal. At least it is to me. Your arm joints now work and you have cartilage and bones forming. Your fingernails and hair are starting to appear too. Although I do have some bad news for you, I was bald until I was like three when I was a baby, but hopefully you'll have a full head of hair. You are also swallowing and kicking. Are you the fluttering I feel every once in awhile?

First of all before I tell you how I've been feeling this last week - I want to say Happy 1st Birthday to apartment flooding and Rob having drill and being gone to Ft. Riley. I worry about him when he's gone, especially when there are severe storms. My aversions are much less - still have no interest in chocolate or candy in the slightest. And I'm still craving fruits and vegetables. I know I make a weird pregnant lady. As for the exhaustion, some days are better than others. I stole Rob's pillow and that helped me sleep much better, but with all the noise from all tornado fan and dehumidifier they have going in our living room/kitchen and Stella crying nonstop with Rob gone and the noise it's been a little rough lately. Then the stress of Rob being in the middle of the storms while he was at drill. Needless to say, there's been a bit more stress in my life this week then I would have liked. But hopefully this next week, things will settled down and even back out. Week ten has mostly just been me trying to make it through. And sometimes you just have weeks like that. Eladie. I know this seems weird because her birthday was actually a week ago, which was actually when this picture was taken. But hey, she's adorable and deserves a little birthday shout-out. Okay, so now back to me. : ) This week has been so-so. Been having headaches this week but I think that's mostly due to allergies, and it's not every day so I'm tolerating. Morning sickness has hit me off and on this week. I do quite enjoy the days that morning sickness decides to take the day off. It's been a little bit of a stressful week though, with our

I want to take this opportunity to make a comment about dreams. One of the things with pregnancy - or so I am told - is weird dreams. Which made me wonder: If I already have really weird dreams, do they get weirder or am I going to start having "normal" dreams? I realize no one really has normal dreams but I have always had some really strange dreams and I can remember almost all of them. But since I have gotten pregnant I haven't been able to remember my dreams as well. I remember that it was weird and I can remember bits and pieces, but nothing clear. Whereas normally for me, everything is vivid. I can describe everything and see it like a movie in my head again after I wake up. I have always been able to do that. But I have lost my awesome superpower since becoming pregnant.

Except for two dreams. The only two I can remember really having. And unfortunately they have not been my weird, but mostly happy-go-lucky dreams. Instead of really weird dreams with this pregnancy I'm having super scary dreams. My first came a couple weeks ago and I woke up so scared that Rob got up and checked the apartment just to put my mind at ease at 2:00 in the morning. In my dream - in a nutshell - there was a man hitting our glass door as hard as he could with a baseball bat to get in to...I can only guess murder us. It just kept hitting it over and over and I was screaming at the top of my lungs, hoping someone somewhere would hear and come to help us but no one came. Then again last week, during week 9, I had a dream that my sister and her two girls were caught outside in a tornado. Jenny was carrying Eladie and Emery was down the street but Jenny took off down the street after Emery, and all I could do was stand there watching her go and watch the tornado basically form over my head. Again, I woke up scared.

I could really do without these terrifying dreams, but I have a feeling that these two aren't going to be the last of them....no matter how much I wish they were. It definitely makes for some rough nights sleep.

(Monday, April 9 - Sunday, April 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...