Dec 10, 2012

BYB

I'm not known for my bravery. I tend to chicken out and not want to try anything new. I have this habit of talking myself out of things. And for that reason I doubted I would attend BYB - Bring Your Baby Matinee.

I received an email about Bring Your Baby Matinee the weekend before the showing from The Bump. I had never heard of it, but it definitely caught my attention. The Bump and AMC have partnered up to provide a monthly showing of a recently-released movie. So what makes this showing so special? Well you can  bring your baby - duh! But also the lights are higher, the volume lower, and crying doesn't get you kicked out the theater.

So like I said I received an email regarding the Bring your Baby Matinee, and this month they were showing Breaking Dawn, Part 2. A movie I wanted to see and one Rob definitely didn't want to see. So here was our solution: Addie and I could go see it. Problem solved. Hmm - not quite. Remember that chicken, lacking bravery thing?

I slowly began chickening out as we got closer to B.D. Day (Breaking Dawn Day). Rob continued to encourage me to go. I was stressed and unsure. Addison hates her car seat, but does pretty good in the jeep carrier. But I really didn't want to put her in the jeep carrier, and she was unlikely to do well in her car seat. That alone was giving me doubts against going. But I made up my mind: we would see how the day was. If she was cranky we would sit this one out. But we would at least try.

Tuesday morning came and we almost missed even trying by sleeping too late. But we got up and ready to go. Addison was all smiles. She woke up smiling. She smiled when I put her in the car seat. All signs pointed to us being able to go. And going with much success. We drove the long way in hopes, Addie would just fall asleep. She didn't. In fact by the time we got there she was fussing.


But I was determined. I was already there. When I took her out of the car and started moving her in the car seat, she quieted down. We got in, got popcorn, and got our seat. And the second, I sat down she started crying. Not a good start.

But before the movie even started she had fallen asleep. And through the whole movie she was quiet. About an hour into the movie, she needed to nurse, but that was easy enough. Then after nursing she went right back to sleep.

There were five others and babies there, counting us, and Addie was easily the youngest one there. She was also the only one who didn't cry throughout the movie. My little 7-week-old who can't even hold up her own head was a rock star during this two hour movie.

Of course, she screamed all the way home but I could handle that.

The whole thing is very cool. It's an awesome way to let women with babies to get out and see recently released movies that we wouldn't get to see otherwise.

So will I we go again?

Definitely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...