Oct 29, 2013

On the Kid's Table: Baked Chicken Nuggets

I'm starting another series. I don't know how far this series will go, but I thought I would start sharing what I'm feeding Addison. I'll probably talk about this in another post, but I'm trying to give her a healthy start. Rob and I rarely eat processed foods. I make everything I can. So why would I feed my daughter any different? Yes it takes time. It takes effort. But to me, it's worth it. But again that's for another post.

I should mention that this recipe is great for adults. These chicken nuggets are delicious! Both Rob and I loved these chicken nuggets. I'm not a fan of Martha Stewart overall, but I started looking for a chicken nugget recipe that I could make for Addison, and I found these first. So I decided to give them and try and I looked no further for a chicken nugget recipe.

Lunch Brought You To By: Martha Stewart Online

Here's What You Need: 
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total)
1 cup panko
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Coarse salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
Honey mustard or spicy ketchup, for servings -- There is a recipe for both of these that I'll include. I have never made the spicy ketchup but the honey mustard recipe is delicious and super easy. 

Here's What You Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces. Spread panko on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a shallow dish, then add Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon salt; drizzle with oil and stir to combine.

Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes. Increase temperature to 450 degrees.

Set a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet; lightly coat rack with cooking spray. In batches, coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then coat in panko, pressing to adhere. Place on rack.

Bake until chicken is cooked through, 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve nuggets with sauce.

Bonus Honey Mustard Recipe:
Combine 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons each mayonnaise and honey.

Bonus Spicy Ketchup Recipe: 
Combine 1/4 cup ketchup; 3 tablespoons spicy chili sauce, such as Sriracha; and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise.








I seriously kid you not. These chicken nuggets are delicious. They don't taste processed - because they aren't. You know exactly what is in them. Yes, it takes time. Yes, it would be easier to just pop a few chicken nuggets into the microwave or oven, but these don't actually take that long. Plus they are also pretty good leftover.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...