Aug 7, 2014

Seven on the Seventh

1. Every single time Rob tries to hide to scare me, Stella gives him away. Normally he hides somewhere that he can't see her but she can see him and she's staring right at him so when I walk up, I know he's there and his plan is spoiled. It makes him so mad but it's hilarious every time. It also frustrates him when he tries to sneak up behind me in an aisle at a store and just as he's coming around the corner, I turn around and start talking to him like he's been there the whole time. However, when the man doesn't try to scare me, it winds up scaring the bejesus out of me.

2. I was play-talking to Addison using my actual phone and her using her play phone. We were talking and when we were done, I looked at my phone and push the screen as if to hang up. And when my screen was black (because I wasn't actually using it!), I unlocked it and thought that was weird that my screen would do that while I was on a call. I felt like a big dork right when I realized what I was doing.

3. Rob and I had our first fight as a married couple on our honeymoon three years ago. I don't normally share our fights because our marriage is none of your business, but this one was funny. We were driving to Portland and I was grumpy (I'll admit that I started this one out of nowhere), and suddenly we're arguing about the way he parks and how much it makes me angry. This fight went on for about ten minutes or so until we both burst out laughing. It would have made more sense if we were at least parking, but nope we were driving down the highway. We still laugh about it.

4. Maybe we all need to be a little nicer to each other. It's a big bad world out there and we should start looking out for each other more. We are entitled to nothing, even though most people think they are (Although I will teach my daughter that she does deserve to be treated well and right, especially by boys). I want to teach my daughter that she has to earn things in life and being kind to people is never overrated and always worth the time. You never know who's life you might be changing. Check this out if you want to see some awesomeness (and yes it did make me a little teary eyed)!


5. I shattered a glass a couple weeks ago while I was making dinner. Luckily I didn't have a little girl (or cat for that matter) right under foot at the time. It was in a thousand little pieces, no joke. It hit the counter than shattered all over my foot, luckily no cuts. But it was at that moment that the kid and cat decide they need to come back in. So I'm making dinner, trying to clean up, and run out the kid and cat, but of course removing Addison led to a HUGE meltdown. Rob walks in the door shortly after and I get the floor swept. I pull out the vacuum and get ready but then my timer goes off. So I stop everything I'm doing to drain the pasta (we were having spaghetti with meat sauce, broccoli, and Texas Toast). I drain it then realize right after I did it that I shattered the glass right next to the sink where the colander had been sitting the entire time. So not thinking, I just dumped our dinner on glass pieces. I had more pasta which I quickly get going again and in the meantime Addison eats her body weight in broccoli. Good thing she likes broccoli I guess.



6. I'm getting my hair cut soon and I'm excited, yet dreading it all at the same time. Last time I cut my hair I like it for about a day before I decided I hated it. (Read about it here.) I like my hair long so I'm definitely not cutting off any length, but it's been a year since I got it cut - bad I know! - and it really needs at least a trim. I'm planning to put layers in my hair at least and maybe do a little something with my bangs, but I haven't completely decided yet. Needless to say, I'm a little nervous!

7. I saw my first butterfly at my butterfly bush the other day. I got really excited. I took pictures to show Rob. He didn't seem to be as excited as I was. Oh well...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...