Oct 8, 2014

Eight on the Eighth

1. About a month ago, we had a package delivered to our house but it wasn't ours. It was the wrong address so I called the post office to let them know. The lady I talked to said she would have the carrier come back and pick it up. Then she thanked me for my honesty. It took me by a little bit of a surprise. It's not my package, it wasn't my money spent to get this item - whatever it is - so it isn't mine. It's sad that people would actually keep something when it wasn't theirs. But you know that those same people would be livid if their package was mis-delivered and they never received it. It should never be a second thought to return something like this.

2. Check out this video. I'm sure you have all heard the song "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor. If you haven't then you probably just think you haven't. It's everywhere and truth be told it's pretty catchy. Well, you should definitely check out that video because it's a jazz version and pretty awesome.

3. Addison hates getting her fingernails cut so the other day she stole the fingernail clippers from the end table and now I can't find them. No clue what she did with them. She's sneaky and they are missing. If you find some, they could be ours. Too bad she was foiled because I found another pair.

4. The other day at lunch, Rob and I were sitting across from each other. I wiped my face thinking I had something on it. Rob then did the same. So I did it again. He did it again. This carried on for a few seconds before we realized what was happening. I thought I had something on my face and he was trying to tell me. He thought he had something on his face and that I was trying to tell him. Turns out either of us had anything on our faces.

5. Addie loves loves loves the Halloween stuff at Target. She heads straight for it every time we go. However she's a little scared of it. But she loves it. There's a little coffin that has something pop out of it and she's terrified of that. But there's a phone with this really really creepy voice that she loves. She refuses to pick it up herself but she indicates that she wants me to pick it up and she laughs and always has a big smile on her face when I pick it up. It's really kind of funny and adorable.

via
6. I love The Hunger Games movies. I think they are great. But when we bought them I discovered that they did something that is the worst nightmare of an OCD person. I like to have series next to each other but why oh why did they do this?! They are both the same, Blu-ray and DVD and digital copy. Yet they are two different sizes. I want them next to each other but they are two different sizes. So which is worst? Next to each other but different heights or the series not next to each other...? The dilemma of an OCD person. 


7. I'm really bummed that they took down all the Discovery Channel shows from Netflix. I loved watching them, but they are gone. Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs are two of my go-to shows. I'm really sad about this.

8. Every Tuesday I get a break. From the time Rob gets home and after dinner is finished, I get off duty. I get an evening to do nothing. I can watch shows in peace, I can write my blog posts, I can just sit on my butt and not worry about cleaning up messes or doing dishes or giving baths or anything. Tuesdays I watch Agents of Shield which comes on after Addison goes to bed, but probably my favorite time is my do anything time. I love my saint of a husband who takes Addie and the clean up and everything else so I can have some alone, "me" time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

A Day in the Life ( 63 ) A Little Extra ( 12 ) A Pregnancy Story ( 53 ) Addison ( 438 ) anniversary ( 42 ) apartment ( 10 ) baby ( 12 ) baking ( 21 ) Beautiful Mess Plans Co ( 3 ) Becca ( 289 ) birthday ( 44 ) Blue Apron ( 17 ) books ( 77 ) breastfeeding ( 6 ) bullet journal ( 21 ) Bump to Baby ( 41 ) Christmas ( 30 ) comparison ( 1 ) Connor ( 105 ) cooking ( 158 ) currently ( 27 ) date ( 18 ) dating ( 2 ) declutter ( 4 ) Decorate with me ( 5 ) Defying Gravity ( 28 ) DIY ( 39 ) Easter ( 8 ) Eat Dessert First ( 17 ) Emma ( 38 ) Every Day Conversations ( 20 ) Every Day Conversations: Kid Edition ( 8 ) exercise ( 62 ) fall ( 10 ) family ( 78 ) Father's Day ( 6 ) Fight Like a Girl ( 10 ) food ( 187 ) Foodstirs ( 2 ) Friday Five ( 11 ) garden ( 2 ) gestational diabetes ( 5 ) God ( 2 ) Halloween ( 24 ) Happy Friday ( 272 ) holiday ( 65 ) home ( 15 ) honeymoon ( 8 ) house ( 78 ) How 'Bout Them Reads ( 64 ) How to Boil Water ( 123 ) Independence Day ( 4 ) job ( 4 ) laughter ( 1 ) life ( 1 ) life list ( 9 ) loss ( 4 ) Making the Cut ( 58 ) Marines ( 29 ) marriage ( 33 ) Meal Prep ( 4 ) Mommy & Me ( 7 ) Mother's Day ( 5 ) Nanowrimo ( 21 ) New Years ( 8 ) On the Kid's Table ( 12 ) Our Beautiful Mess ( 7 ) Our Beautiful Mess Shop ( 20 ) Our Weekend in Photographs ( 124 ) parenting ( 94 ) PCOS ( 7 ) Photo Every Hour ( 1 ) planner ( 4 ) planning ( 2 ) postpartum ( 6 ) potty training ( 3 ) pregancy ( 1 ) pregnancy ( 162 ) Preptober ( 3 ) random thoughts ( 130 ) reading ( 70 ) Reading Challenge ( 65 ) Rob ( 234 ) SAHM ( 16 ) school ( 21 ) secondary infertility ( 9 ) Sense Learn Play ( 6 ) slow cooker ( 3 ) spring ( 16 ) Spring Break ( 1 ) stay at home ( 4 ) Stella ( 38 ) summer ( 22 ) Thanksgiving ( 15 ) Three Ladies & Their Gents ( 23 ) Throwback ( 1 ) vacation ( 4 ) Valentine's Day ( 13 ) video ( 20 ) wedding ( 21 ) week-by-week ( 50 ) winter ( 9 ) word of the month ( 5 ) Wordless Wednesday ( 41 ) Wreck this Journal ( 1 ) writing ( 21 ) Year in Review ( 11 )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...